Environmental Services Solution (ESS)-California Branch manages multiple challenges of hazardous waste to satisfy safety, environmental and regulatory directives. From onsite pick-up to final treatment or disposal. ESS assures safety, environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance by channeling hazardous waste to our service centers that include treatment, recovery and disposal facilities, sales offices and transportation location.
Responsible for the maintenance of the transportation fleet of vehicles, which includes: Large Trucks w/diesel engines, pick-up trucks, and fork lifts. This includes planning and coordinating inspections, scheduling periodic maintenance, repairing vehicles, and insuring adequate automotive supplies in stock to handle emergency situations.
As one of our maintenance mechanics, you will have a vital part in the facility with diagnosing issues, making necessary adjustments, and also in the transportation department completing repairs on overhaul light, medium, and heavy duty vehicles.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required
- Associate’s degree with emphasis in Electrical/Mechanical skills preferred
- Prior work experience preferred
- OSHA HAZWOPER training required
- Current in a valid CA driver’s license
- ASE Certified (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Strong Team Player
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Time management and the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines
• Detail-oriented in your work
• Previous experience as an automotive technician and/or mechanic
• Knowledge of diagnostic and repair equipment
• Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
• Possess an excellent working knowledge of the principles of hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic, and pumping systems
• Ability to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic, and blueprints
• ASE Certified (not required but a beneficial qualification)
•Ability to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic, and blueprints