Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Project Manager, reporting into Development Engineering, executes the overall activities set within the scope of the Project and in accordance with PLM to meet budget, schedule and performance constraints. Directs internal resources to ensure project delivery is on time and cost and to the specific, pre-defined deliverables as detailed in the project charter. Operates within the defined IPT structure to manage schedule, risk and communication. Reports project performance through the Program Manager (EPRs) and works with the Program Manager to achieve both project and program objectives. Focuses on tactical delivery within a program structure.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Works within the defined terms of reference (ToR) or project charter including budget, schedule and resource constraints
- Responsible for delivering a defined scope of work to agreed cost and timeframe
- Provides leadership to the assigned resources to achieve project objectives
- Provides leadership to the IPT to achieve project goals
- Management communication primarily at an operational level concerning operational details (cost, schedule, quality).
- Works within the PLM process to meet project and program requirements
- Supports Program Management (PM) with PLM associated Gate Reviews
- Facilitates functional process reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR, FDR)
- Plans project activities associated with the site’s PPAP and APQP requirements (e.g. DFMEA, PFMEA, SFMEA, PRR, etc.)
- Plans a project given the dependencies and interfaces defined by the Program Manager
- Planning of tasks and resources
- Manages project risks and issues, escalating to the Program Manager wherever necessary
- Reporting project performance (milestones & budget adherence)
- Supports the forecasting of project and program demand during the quarterly RF process
- Interfaces with functional managers
- Supports the resource management process through the Program Manager or Development Engineering Management
- Supports customer reviews
- Chairs routine project meetings with the project team, maintaining action logs, schedule reviews, and status updates. Meeting rate is scalable depending on project complexity and maturity.
- Appropriate containment or escalation
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field (Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain)
Certifications: Professional Project Management training and certifications desired
Years’ Experience: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in New Product Introduction, Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Development or Operations Engineering. Engineering background is preferred with any non-Engineering degrees offset by appropriate PjM certification and experience.
- Understanding of financial, product development, operational functions and key business drivers
- Aerospace engineering industry experience highly preferred
- Experience of working and managing teams in a multi-discipline matrix environment
- Excellent project/program management skills for successful project delivery
- Ability to work in a production environment
- Self sufficient with an ability to make effective, timely decisions
- Excellent organizational, leadership and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations to management
- Able to handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure
- Computer skills (proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Strong ERP knowledge (SAP desirable)
- Ability to travel
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-Phone number blocked - click to apply or URL blocked - click to apply.