Job ID: 152377
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
This position is responsible for all functions of the human resources department for their assigned Operating Company. Individual will partner with the Company President/GM and other location/ department management team members to maximize the efficiency of the department in support of the organizational goals and standards. The HR Generalist is a key member of the regional HR team and is responsible for helping drive CRH Initiatives in their Operating Company.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Be a business partner to the company president/GM and their operations/department managers.
- Work closely with corporate human resources and legal team.
- Provide Human Resource assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving human relations and work performance problems.
- Assist Regional Director with conducting investigations into employee concerns and help determine appropriate resolutions.
- Maintain professional demeanor in dealing with critical/confidential information; restrict discussion/knowledge of activity to a “need to know” basis.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all human resources related matters for assigned Operating Company.
- Oversee hiring process for their Operations, including composition of job postings/advertisements/descriptions, recruiting, screening of applications/resumes, interviewing of candidates, offer letter preparation, coordination of drug screenings and conducting new hire orientations.
- Work with regional recruiter to help staff hiring needs.
- Oversee proper paperwork is completed and forwarded to appropriate personnel and hiring managers.
- Oversee administrative responsibilities to ensure accurate record keeping. (Examples would include discipline forms and personal data changes, etc.)
- Work closely with local Safety Manager on workers’ compensation process.
- Manage benefits process and act as point of contact for annual open enrollment and routine employee questions/ issues.
- Assist with management training and development process (both annual evaluation process and individual development processes).
- Assist with the process, while working as needed with payroll and the GM, to ensure incentive compensation and annual merit increases are completed smoothly and accurately.
- Oversee employee termination process, ensuring proper steps and paperwork are completed. Onsite with management when suspensions or terminations occur.
- Work closely with Equipment Manager/Safety Manager to meet, maintaining and distribution of Department of Transportation requirements as it relates to driver files and drug and alcohol testing requirements.
- Coordinate with local Safety and Operations to ensure all required training occurs within OpCo.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of local policies and procedures, including employee handbook, and disseminating this information to employees, as needed.
- Maintain a deep understanding of company policies, federal employment law and all state employment laws the OpCo operates in, and applicable Bargaining Agreements. Council management in applying policies, laws, and contracts appropriately.
- Travel to all company locations across the operating area to talk with salaried and hourly employees one-on-one or in a group presentation format.
- Process verifications and unemployment claims.
- Be a champion of company HR initiatives and safety culture.
- Partner with Operations to help represent the company in Union Bargaining negotiations and any grievance proceedings.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or comparable discipline preferred or other related discipline and/or equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2+ years related experience highly preferred.
- Experience in a construction environment preferred.
- HR Certifications preferred.
- Experience in Union labor environment preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Able to safely drive a vehicle.
- Regular required attendance and reporting ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per company policy.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with Management
- Strong problem solving skills preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- High standard of ethics, integrity, and trust.
- Ability to lead others through influence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- May occasionally lift move/carry up to 10 lbs. and occasionally use exertion forces of pushing/pulling of up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Standard office environment.
- Visits to outdoor work locations/ job sites as needed
- Tempo is fast-paced with deadlines.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)
Hr Management Systems