Amcor Rigid Packaging
Join Amcor and you can be part of the team that makes the packaging of the future better for people and our planet.
Here at Amcor, we work together every day to make a positive impact on the lives of millions of people across the globe by providing packaging for essential products, including food, beverages, pharmaceutical, medical, home and personal-care.
We are sustainability leaders in our industry. We are the first global packaging company to commit to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025.
Our products are vital to support the lives of millions of people across the globe every day.
We are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to innovating and driving new solutions to create more sustainable packaging solutions.
To find out more about our commitment to sustainability and about Amcor, visit www.amcor.com I LinkedIn I Glassdoor I Facebook I Twitter I YouTube
At Amcor Rigid Packaging (ARP), our teams are focused on developing and making plastic bottles and jars that create a unique experience and are better for the environment. Our bottles and jars are primarily made from PET (polyethylene terephthalate), which has rapidly become the world’s preferred packaging material. PET is lightweight, shatterproof, recloseable, resealable, reusable and infinitely recyclable*.
With approximately 6,000 people across about 50 manufacturing operations in 11 countries and an annual revenue of US$2.9 Billion, ARP provides rigid packaging solutions to the beverage, pharmaceutical, food, and home and personal care segments.
Learn more about the many benefits of PET bottles [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Forklift Operator
*with existing technologies including chemical recycling
Position Overview: Operates and maintains forklift in a safe and efficient manner using work instructions, visual management and computer interface.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supplies production operations with raw materials to produce finished product.
- Prints and scans Bill of Lading for all finished goods using computer interface and RF scanner.
- Inspects finished goods for quality defects.
- Transfers finished goods to staging or storage areas.
- Loads finished goods onto trucks in a timely manner to meet customers delivery requirements.
- Accurately completes all written logs and data input to include closing sequences on tickets and printing Bill of Lading.
- Ensures accurate inventory counts and notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
- Effectively communicates with all internal departments.
- Removes/Reworks any damaged product on pallets.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs general housekeeping duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have experience using propane, gas or diesel forklifts
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Effective communication skills
- Willingness to work flexible shift’s depending on project/production requirements
- Must be able to climb, bend, reach and move heavy items (up to 50 lbs.)
Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organization listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860’s and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organization empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites.
At Amcor we believe in talent through diversity and promote equal opportunity in the workplace and recognise that discrimination and harassment of co-workers based on race, creed, disability, gender, marital or maternity status, religious or political beliefs, age or sexual orientation is unlawful.
- Forklift Truck
- Storage (Warehousing)
- Finished Good
- Computer Literacy