Administers a Commercial Real Estate and multi-family residential construction loan portfolio from origination through payoff or rollover. Works independently or on more complex loans with assistance from manager.Primary Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Review loan documents to ensure consistency with loan approval and Bank construction requirements.
- Coordinate with closing attorney, borrower, investors and participants for pre- and post-closing construction loan requirements for adequacy and compliance prior to loan settlement and/or advances.
- Ensure up-front equity requirements have been met prior to hard cost funding.
- Provide analysis and maintenance of loan budget and reallocations to ensure project remains in line with approved costs and completion date.
- Prepare ticklers and track covenant compliance in connection with construction; track relevant covenant data in the system for reporting to senior management.
- Work directly with inspector to ensure inspections are timely and provide appropriate data to determine a project is on target with budget and completion. Work with manager, Relationship Manager, inspector and borrower to resolve unforeseen issues that may develop during construction.
- Understand and comply with state specific title requirements to maintain Bank's lien priority. Work with title company, Relationship Manager and customer to address intervening liens and other matters of title that develop during the funding process.
- Identify critical risks or project setbacks through careful analysis of title updates, draw back-up and budget updates and site inspections and escalate issues to appropriate internal and line management for resolution and approval.
- Participate in department-wide special projects and initiatives as needed.
- Ensure loan budgets and project performance are appropriately maintained on the system.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years' proven commercial real estate and/or multi-family closing, asset management, loan administration or underwriting experience, or in lieu of degree, a combined minimum of 6 years' higher education and/or work experience with a minimum of 2 years' proven commercial real estate and/or multi-family closing, asset management, loan administration or underwriting experienceEducation and Experience Preferred:
Previous Bank experience in CRE and multi-family residential construction monitoring or loan workout
Knowledge of Bank policies, procedures and banking regulations
Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages, loan information systems and internet applications
Proven analytical skills
Proven organizational skills
Proven verbal and written communication skills
Ability to interact with all levels of personnel