Are you ready for your next adventure? From down range to corporate positions around the world, we provide you with opportunities to grow your career while helping to make the world more secure.
Constellis provides opportunities across every major continent for individuals who want to build successful careers in a fast-paced, growing industry. Legal, moral and ethical business practices remain at the cornerstone of our culture and Constellis continues to be recognized for our emphasis on quality and compliance. This strong track-record of performance is supported by our deep relationships with our government and commercial customers. Our employees worldwide, the majority of whom are military or law enforcement veterans, have ambition and passion for creating a safer world. Join us to Secure Success!
The Maintenance Welder performs a variety of moderately complex duties. The distinguishing characteristics of this classification include responsibility for welding and brazing metal.
- Welds, brazes and cuts metal using electric and gas welding and cutting equipment to fabricate, maintain and repair metal objects on city equipment, vehicles, pipes and structures
- Heats, forms, drills, grinds and mills metal
- Lays out projects
- Performs other semi-skilled and manual labor duties as capable and qualified
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Five years of related welding experience
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must have valid Welding Certification
- Ability to operate, calibrate, tune and synchronize, and performs complex rapid adjustment on equipment, machinery and tools, such as welders, cutting/brazing torches, saws, grinder, forges, anvils, chisels, drills, forklifts, wrenches and/or related materials used in performing essential functions
- Must understand shop safety, including hazardous materials
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Constellis protects critical priorities safely and efficiently around the world. Operating in 40 countries and based in the Washington D.C. area, our 22,000 Constellis employees bring unparalleled dedication and passion for creating a safer world and upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity. As a leading global provider of risk management, security, humanitarian, training and operational support services to government and commercial customers worldwide, Constellis' forward thinking solutions include a range of synergistic services, including background investigations, social intelligence tools, advanced training, logistics and life support, UAV and K9 services, and crisis response mitigation. At Constellis, our number one priority is to secure success for our customers. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Welder
Work is typically based in a busy service center/maintenance garage environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety Standards. Normal work hours are Monday-Friday 6:30 am to 3:30 pm, however some extended or weekend hours may also be required.
May be required to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 75 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Brazing (Metal Work)