To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Forest, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Product Marketing Manager
Spectrum Brands • Lake Forest, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Product Marketing Manager
Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
The Product Marketing Manager position is responsible for complete management of the assigned portfolio from creation of new products through their removal from the product line. The individual is the leader for the assigned product line business charged with product launch objectives in addition to effective product and channel execution. Decisions made on products produced, manufacturing specifications, marketing strategies, sales commercialization, and promotional opportunities will be largely influenced by the research, data and analysis generated by and recommendations made by the Product Marketing Manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
(60%) - New Product Development (NPI)
- Leads cross-functional team (engineering, sourcing, supply chain, finance) through multiple on-going product development projects at various stages of development via HHI milestone process.
- Drives product road development, manages research initiatives to establish fact based business and marketing strategy development. Understanding of market, channel and/or customer dynamics, product design, trends, and end –user preferences and purchase drivers. Answer key strategic inputs and execute efficiently as driven by budget and timing. Communicate and apply results and/or conclusions.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities, product adjacencies, customers and markets.
- Development of NPI scope documents (preliminary financials, KPIs, timeline management, etc.)
- Annual supplier and factory trips
- Present and interact with senior level internal and external customers
(25%) - Portfolio Maintenance
- Supports brand guidelines to insure consistency, with specific influence on packaging, merchandising, and collateral related to assigned projects.
- Coordinate meeting materials for customer product collaboration, line reviews and business reviews. Includes but not limited to product samples, display materials, labels, POP, research results and the printed presentation.
- Work with quality and brand to support installation workshops, videos, and related initiatives.
- Create and deliver training modules for internal and external customers.
- Responsible for the sales and gross margin performance of portfolio, includes setting pricing, P&L, asset management etc.
- Manage product life cycle
(15%) – Business Processes
- Contributes to HHI financial and business initiatives through established rhythms and assigned projects. Examples include sales and operations planning to improve forecast accuracy or inventory initiatives tied to working capital.
- Support the management of the on-line databases to ensure proper content (internal as well as customer websites)
- Manage product documentation process including mix management, product life cycle. Generate reports, tools as required.
- Managing special projects as required
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or Business is required. MBA/MS preferred
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Sales, Marketing, Channel Management, and/or Product Development with progressively more responsibility and a track record of results. Ideal candidates will have experience in the decorative plumbing category with a high-end showroom brand.
Required Core Competencies
- Ensures Accountability
- Develops Talent
- Financial Acumen
- Decision Quality
- Directs Work
- Builds Effective Teams
- Manages Complexity
- Action Orientated
- Customer Focus
- Communicates Effectively
- Instills Trust
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Drives Results
Required Technical Skills
- Good in Microsoft Office Skills
- Good Presentation Skills
- Good Project Management Skills
- Good Profit & Loss knowledge
- Good industry knowledge
- Good Category Management knowledge
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to Inclusion and Diversity. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Spectrum Brands complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Spectrum welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Priority may be given to current employees or local candidates.