To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kansas City, MO
- Bartlett & Company
- Phone: 816-753-6300
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Grain Accounting Clerk
Bartlett & Company • Kansas City, MO
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Bartlett Grain Company
Grain Accounting Clerk
Req. # 250-BGC-(NonEx)-448
Primary Job Location:
Kansas City, MO
These are generally 8 hour shifts. You must be available for overtime and working weekends and holidays on occasion.
Bartlett Grain Company is an affiliate of Bartlett and Company - a diverse, agri-business company headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. Bartlett is more than 100 years old, and FORBES ranks it among the largest private companies in the U.S. Its principal businesses are grain merchandising and logistics, exporting, flour milling, feed manufacturing and cattle feeding. Financially strong and highly disciplined, we use our expertise to provide our customers with the highest quality and best service possible. Throughout our operations, safety, cleanliness, and facility maintenance are a top priority and, as such, all employees must be absolutely committed to following our disciplined safety policies and procedures.
Bartlett Grain Company is seeking dedicated, hard-working individuals who are looking for a chance to prove they can learn new tasks and advance. The Accounting Clerk is responsible for grain accounting transactions, preparation of daily reports, customer inquiries and special project work.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary is competitive for the position, based on education level and experience with opportunities for advancement.
Bartlett offers a generous benefits package including a 401(k) plan with company match, a profit sharing plan, paid employee health insurance, life insurance and short term disability coverage. Bartlett also pays a portion of group dental and vision program costs, and offers additional voluntary group programs and discounts.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED degree or related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with grain accounting is preferred. Must have excellent organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and proficiency in math and Microsoft Office programs.
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks according to priority, while maintaining accuracy, ability to work under pressure and work efficiently.
- Good Communication skills (deal with internal and external customers).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process grain accounting transactions.
- Interpret documents from customers (invoices, statements, checks, etc.)
- Perform accounting and clerical functions to support supervisors.
- Process timely advances, payments and invoices in grain accounting software.
- Process bills for payment.
- Identify and resolve exceptions.
- Maintain status reports, files and records, which are easily accessible.
- Backup for other Department positions as volume/workload dictates.
- Handle both internal and external customer inquiries with positive customer service.
- Work on special projects under direct supervision and other miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
Physical Demands and Requirements
- This job is not physically strenuous. You must be able to sit at a desk and be able to utilize computers.
- This job requires the ability to read and comprehend written and oral operational and safety instructions and related rules, policies and memos, and to communicate clearly with your co-orkers and supervisors.
- It is important to have vision and hearing skills that help you communicate with good interpersonal skills.
This job is held in a controlled-atmosphere environment, indoors in an office building.
All employees shall be subject to drug testing and background checks.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions of the job. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.
Bartlett will not accept unsolicited applications or resumes from placement services, recruiters or staffing firms. Bartlett WILL NOT pay any placement fee for unsolicited applications unless a written agreement is in place, in advance, for a specific job requisition. Unless such a written agreement is in place, any unsolicited resume shall be deemed Bartlett property and no fees shall be due from Bartlett to any third party under any circumstances.
You may be required to work periodically at other Bartlett regional locations.