One of our amazing affiliates, The Children's Home of Reading, is searching for a Full-Time Community Interventionist to work in the Lehigh Valley and surrounding counties as needed.
The Community Interventionist will provide in-home or in-school counseling services to male and female youth with various issues. Other services provided may include case management, career readiness/job searching, and school assistance as needed.
Full-Time Flexible Schedule! - Counselors work from home when not in the field.
Excellent Perks and Benefits:
* $17.75 per hour starting rate
* Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
* 401k, Life & Disability Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Paid Training & Career Advancement
* A Great Team Environment
* We offer our team member DailyPay!
* Wellness Program & more!
* Strong counseling skills and therapeutic methods to aid youth and families through crisis to stabilization.
* Effective use of verbal and non-verbal communication skills with adolescents and families.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with adolescents and families.
* Familiarity with various community resources.
* Ability to assess, interpret and effectively document data specifically related to the care of adolescents.
* The candidate must pass a Criminal Record History Clearance, FBI and Child Abuse History Clearance, as well as possess a valid PA Driver's License. The candidate must pass a Physical & Drug Screening.
* Must possess the ability to attend and successfully complete all sponsored trainings (Therapeutic crisis prevention and intervention; First Aid and CPR; infectious disease control policies and procedures; emergency fire procedures/evacuation; Emergency medical procedures; Child Protective Services Law; Child abuse recognition and staff responsibility.)
Education, skills, experience:
* Bachelors degree in Psychology, Social Work or Human Services required.
* One year verified experience in counseling with children and families required.
* Experience with community-based counseling & therapy preferred.
* Bilingual preferred
Who We Are: The Children's Home of Reading is expanding its programs to offer treatment oriented care rather than custodial care. Today our programs allow us to meet the critical behavioral and mental health needs of over 650 children and families every year! The Children's Home of Reading is an affiliate of Apis Services, Inc. Visit www.BuildingKidsLives.org to learn more about our programs and who we serve.
Apis Services Inc. and its family of affiliates provide supporting services to an array of non-profit, public charity organizations including, but not limited to, human services, behavior health, and intellectual development disability agencies. The organizations that we support are expanding rapidly and continue to further their missions by providing person directed, community based services to individuals and their family members living with behavioral health, intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
We are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Apply today @
- Child Protection
- First Aid And Preparedness
- Medical Emergency
- People Services