[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Supervisor, Operations- Jackson, TN (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic Function
This position is responsible for the safe, timely, and cost effective production of high quality products. Responsibilities include pro-actively improving production performance and managing their team while respecting the company's values and strategic pillars.
Roles & Responsibilities
1) The (FLS) Operations Supervisor ensures that a safe working environment is maintained through regularly scheduled safety observations, completion and review of safety incident reports (near miss, accident, or incident) for proper corrective and preventive actions, and training designed to increase safety. Similarly ensures that operations are carried out in accordance with the documented Environmental Management System and ISO14001.
* Maintain operations in accordance with HSE procedures and Operations procedures and work instructions.
* Develop the operation team in HSE management principles and play a key role in improving HSE performance and establishing and controlling safe working practices.
* Implements specific HSE tactical plans in the operations areas. Ensure operator are utilizing proper PPE etc.
2) The Operations Supervisor will ensure the quality of the products produced.
* Operators are properly trained in and follow the work instructions to ensure quality is maintained throughout the process.
* Strives to achieve JKO's KPI's regarding scrap and rework/off spec material.
* Set up operational recipes and validate data integrity.
* Command of control room duties and responsibilities.
* Organize and execute product tests, analyze results and adapt production parameters as needed.
* Anticipate potential problems to avoid production downtime.
* Perform root cause analysis and determine/implement corrective actions.
3) The Operations Supervisor will ensure optimum production and utilization levels. This is accomplished through the effective management of equipment and manpower.
* Ensure accuracy of daily production reporting, reasons for deviations and actions.
* Coordinates daily staffing requirements and activities for team members.
* Achieve schedule accuracy and accurate completion of all operations forms.
* Drive the operations to achieve OEE/ performance targets
* Attain controllable run time targets by ensuring changeovers are completed on time and minimize other operating downtime.
* Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective actions to prevent process failures.
* Maintain accurate process conditions and communication flow between shifts with detailed hand off of production.
* Responsible for training and development of direct reports.
4) Assist in short planning to achieve scheduled activities with available resources
* Evaluate performance of team members, providing feedback of performance regularly.
* Maintain current training records.
* Document team member performance documentation.
A High School Diploma or the GED Equivalent is required.
Served in S4 level role for minimum of two years. Must have understanding of JKO's production processes.
Licenses & Certifications:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity, builds effective teams, cultivates innovation, ensures accountability, demonstrates courage, drives results, collaborates, and has a customer focus.
Must be an effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong mathematical ability (minimum-high school level), and strong leadership skills as demonstrated through work related experience.
This position is challenging, so the ability to be multi-tasking, to work within time constraints, to rapidly weigh situations and make fast decisions, to work through constant interruption, to be good at methodical work and to keep things neat and tidy are major requirements. Tasks are complex and daily requires combinations of the following: intensive concentration, conceptual, as well as analytical thinking.
The incumbent participates in the LyondellBasell commitment to the HSE policy and ISO14001 through an awareness of and adherence to Health, Safety and Environmental programs, together with management of environmental aspects of plant performance and all HSE aspects of departmental performance. The incumbent uses safe work practices, participates in safety meetings and advises his/her supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Supervisor, Operations- Jackson, TN.
Nearest Major Market: Jackson
Nearest Secondary Market: Memphis