ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The Metals Analyst will perform metals digestion analyses in accordance with prescribed methods and standard operating procedures.
- Metals digestions and analysis following EPA procedures.
- Perform all quality control requirements associated with the methods and maintain appropriate records.
- Prioritize work by creating schedules to complete daily assignments
- Interpret and author SOPs, perform reagent formulation, record bench level observations, and keep records in bound and electronic notebooks.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work schedules and be self directed in completing daily assignments as well as mid-range and long term department objectives related to training and quality assurance.
- Previous positions required being multi-tasked, organized, detail oriented, and possess excellent problem solving capabilities; will have good time management capabilities.
- Have a demonstrated ability to communicate well in English, both verbal and written.
- Desire to work in a laboratory science setting
- Proven ability to learn new concepts quickly
- High school graduate plus college courses of a scientific nature.
- Additional education or 3-5 years experience working in a laboratory setting preferred.
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working;
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware;
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone;
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the FMLA Law poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click URL blocked - click to apply to view company E-Verify Participation Poster