To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Secaucus, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Supervisor, Trade Show & Events-NJ
CORT • Secaucus, NJ
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CORT, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is the nation’s leading provider of transition services, including furniture rental for home and office, event and trade show furnishings, destination services, apartment locating, touring and other services. CORT Events is the leading nationwide provider of rental furnishings for the exhibit and events industry. From high-profile special events and trade shows, to corporate meetings and weddings, CORT provides the rental furnishings that make exhibitions and events possible. For more information on CORT Events, visit www.CORTevents.com.
The Transportation Supervisor responsible for the planning and routing of the drivers’ daily deliveries, supervision of the drivers, and the management of all related DOT documentation, such as daily logs (electronic or paper logs), driver hours of service and violations and submission of documents to third party safety and compliance company while transporting of short-term rental furniture both in the warehouse and at trade show and event sites.Responsibilities
- Manages all Operations Team members (both CORT employees and temp labor) in a 24-hour a day business environment, throughout the employee life cycle from hiring, setting expectations, monitoring performance, providing feedback, development, progressive discipline, and termination.
- Manages the control, condition, and security of inventory. Works with the Group Office to plan and organize product transfers between districts. Also, coordinates delivery schedules and logistics with sales team, clients and management.May be required to drive a truck to and from delivery sites.
- Ensure application of safety, accident-prevention standards, methods, and procedures in accordance with OSHA and DOT regulations, lift operations certification, and safety meetings.
- Provides necessary training on basic furniture repair and safety (including OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, lift operations certification, and safety meetings.)
- Administer daily dispatch, routing and truck scheduling: schedule drivers, arrange routes, manage the loading, unloading, and allocate vehicles for outbound/inbound
- Monitor and coordinate maintenance, fueling, and specialty needs
- Schedule vehicle repairs and maintain requisite DOT reporting
- Responsible for proper staging, loading and unloading of furniture.
- Monitor driver requisite operating skills
- Works evenings and weekends as necessary.
- May be required to drive a truck to and from delivery sites.
- Associates Degree with 2 + years related industry experience particulary in Logistics/Transportation or at least 5 years related industry experience without a degree.
- Must have experience with a driver scheduling system/software in adherence to DOT compliance.
- Management experience with demonstrated ability to develop employees and maintain effectiveness with peers.
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently.
- Excellent communication skills, reasoning skills, and computer proficiency skills.
- Ability to self-direct and work independently.
- Ability to make minor repairs to furniture and to match colors.
- Must be at least 21 years of age (if driving is required for the position), have a local state driver’s license and safe driving record.
As part of a national company, CORT Furniture Rental offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, a competitive salaries with position specific incentive or commission plans, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts.