At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Systems Operations Engineer as part of the Chief Technology Office (CTO), the Technology Enablement & Pipeline organization has a key responsibility for the Enterprise Pipeline and its Operational Support, across all applications in the Wells Fargo Enterprise.
This opportunity is available for a motivated and experienced Lead DevOps Engineer who can work closely with application development teams to onboard sunrise applications and maintain daily operational requirements for an enterprise-wide effort. Additionally, this individual will be expected to provide guidance for junior DevOps Engineers and function as an escalation point for challenges that are unable to be resolved quickly by those same junior engineers.
Lead DevOps Systems Operations Engineers are responsible for interfacing with the application development teams to assist them in determining the most efficient and value-added method of automating their application lifecycle development activities that move their applications through the process to implementation. In addition, to these consultative activities, the DevOps Engineer will work with the application teams, technology partners, and all relevant teams to on-board the application team and their applications into the DevOps automation service. They will lead on-board efforts and matrix teams of automation engineers. An engineer may also assume duties and roles related to Software Configuration Management and/or Development. In this capacity, they will work with version control systems, automated build systems, regression test systems along with many other Lifecycle tools. They will develop, architect, integrate and support the integrated system and components.In this role, you will:
- Lead complex, broad impact initiatives including provision of high level systems consultation for the technology teams
- Work as key participant in large scale planning of computer systems and network infrastructure for Systems Operations functional area
- Review and analyze complex technical challenges, as well as escalated support issues related to core business solutions that require in depth evaluation of multiple factors, such as alternatives, enhancements, periodic systems reviews, or improvements to existing systems
- Make decisions on technical changes and enhancements
- Consult with engineering team on change design requiring solid understanding of technical process controls or standards that influence and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with technical peers, colleagues, and mid to more experienced level managers to resolve systems support issues and achieve goals
- Act as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, for Jenkins and Urbancode Deploy (UCD/uDeploy) installations, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs
- Understand the customer build, release and deploy automation needs and provide services that align with Enterprise DevOps standards and Wells Fargo vision and values
- Analyze highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications
- Collaborate with application teams, technology partners, and relevant parties to automate their application build and deploy processes with our version control systems, CI/CD tools, and security scanning systems
- Provide consultation and training to application teams on the Enterprise Pipeline (EPL) and benefits where ever applicable to promote self-diagnosis and self-service potential
- Provide coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
- Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs
- Lead projects, allocates work and provides guidance for less experienced staff
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan
- On-board applications into the CI/CD integrated systems and tools within SLA timeframes
- Troubleshoot build and/or deploy issues and provide timely resolutions
- Understand dependency management requirements and ability to reconcile application team needs and best practices standards
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- One week primary/one week secondary on-call rotation (approximately every 10 weeks) in a 24x7 environment
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guide.
- 5+ years of Systems Engineering, Technology Architecture experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of experience working in managed services as demonstrated through work, military, or education
- 5+ years of DevOps experience
- 3+ years of experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, uDeploy (Urbancode Deploy) or a combination of both
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization; including management
- Strong team or technical leadership experience
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 4 + years of .Net and Java application development experience or a combination of both
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
Posting Locations: NC-Charlotte:
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to work on call as assigned
300 S Brevard St - Charlotte, NC MN-Minneapolis:
550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN MO-Saint Louis:
1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
@RWF22 We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
- .Net Framework
- Application Design
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Attention To Detail