Cash Receipting Accountant
About the Organization & Opportunity:
- Our client is a nonprofit membership association with over 1 million members
- Highly established organization that was founded in the 1950's
- Diverse staff that impacts conservation in 79 countries and territories across six continents.
Position Overview :
Our client is seeking assistance due to the current workload.
- Team does backend cash receipting for the organization - adjustments to cash, majority of the work is processing notices received from the bank (e.g., a check bounced), posting journal entries (must know debits and credits) or researching a mistake in the amount deposited. Researching where notice starts from including bank, credit card donations (possibly doing charge backs or researching fraud).
- Journal entries - will interact with GL system (Agresso)
- Majority of work is in Blackbaud CRM (Constituent Management Software where all the donor records live) - will be a lot of training around this
- In the event that his person helps them catch up quickly and has the availability to take on more work would be: Managing shared email box for the team, allocating out what comes in - (complicated ledger tasks) will not likely be doing the tasks but will assign them out to others to take care of
- 2-3+ years of general accounting experience
- Degree in accounting, finance, or business
- Previous cash receipting experience is not necessary but would be very helpful
- Previous nonprofit accounting experience would be helpful but is not required
- Intermediate Excel skills (macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUP's, a plus)
- Team is diverse and highly collaborative and interacts all day long. Seeking someone who fits in to this type of work environment
- Comfortable using Microsoft Teams frequently throughout the workday to chat, connect, and resolve issues quickly
- Must be willing to stay engaged and collaborative
- Proactive and clear communication skills
- Willingness to speak up about things that are difficult to do or any challenges that arise
- Able to contribute (if possible) to process improvement
- Strong work ethic and able to self-manage to stay on task
Qualified candidates please submit your resume for immediate consideration. Thanks!
- Business Process Improvement
- Debits And Credits