Come join our Team and start reimagining the future of the automotive aftermarket. We are a highly motivated tech-focused organization, excited to be amid dynamic innovation and transformational change. Driven by Advance’s commitment to empowering our team members, we are focused on delighting our Customers with Care and Speed, through delivery of world class technology solutions and products.
We value and cultivate our culture by seeking to always be collaborative, intellectually curious, fun, open, and diverse. You will be a key member of a growing and passionate group focused on enabling transformational change to drive forward key programs and projects building enterprise capabilities across Advance Auto Parts.
Advance Auto Parts is seeking an experienced Senior Training Specialist to design and develop compelling learning experiences for one of our largest strategic programs impacting thousands of team members across the company. This person will be responsible for design, development, and deployment of blended learning content for multiple types and levels of audiences.
This person will report directly into our Organizational Change Management Team and will have a reporting relationship to the program’s Training Manager. This person will also be invited into our Learning community of practice of Instructional Designers within our HR organization. They’ll be expected to quickly develop an understanding of our organizational structure and processes, particularly in the merchandising and supply chain area.
The ideal candidate is adept at partnering with business leaders to determine training needs, learning outcomes and solutions, using proven instructional methods to design effective, engaging, and integrated learning experiences for software applications and change management, including large audiences of various tenure levels. This candidate is also comfortable being part of a newer team, operating in ambiguity. Additionally, this person has knowledge of change management and how to use effective learning to enable change.
Partner with the corporate training team, Manager of Training, program change management team, and business teams to design learning solutions that build understanding and equip our team members with critical new skills.
• Diagnose learning needs for the target audience, empathize with intended learners, and design effective learning experiences (classroom, eLearning, video, etc.) to meet the learners’ needs.
• Successfully consult with business partners, facilitators, and content vendors to collaboratively design effective learning.
• Develop high quality, professional learning materials including eLearning, facilitation materials, participant guides, worksheets, job aids, animations, video, and voiceovers, in alignment with company brand and design standards.
• Design programs that leverage experience, exposure, education, and environment to deliver on learning needs.
• Facilitate content in workshops as needed.
• Measure effectiveness of training programs to ensure they meet the goals of the project; pilot/beta test programs and iterate before full scale rollout. Demonstrate training success within the context of overall program success.
• Distill complex ideas into appealing visual graphics and stories using creativity and clear, concise, and simple copy writing.
• Project manage and set boundaries to ensure timely turnaround of deliverables. Prioritize in alignment with business needs and available resources.
• Identify and develop new procedures and techniques to improve training and operational effectiveness; create standards for consistent delivery.
• Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Education, or related field; OR 3-5 years of experience in an Instructional Design in a corporate setting.
• Mastery of instructor-led and virtual instructor-led curriculum development, including lecture, interactions, serious games, discussion, etc.
• 3-5 years’ experience in behavior-based curriculum design and development, including program design.
• Mastery of eLearning tools; Articulate Storyline and Rise is required.
• Experience with audio and video editing tools and workflows. • Demonstrated understanding of learning best practices • Understanding of change management and the connection between learning and change
• Direct experience working in decentralized organizations and in merchandising/supply chain
• Ability to work effectively in cross-functional, team-based environment with business partners / stakeholders across different levels and areas of responsibility
• Highly adaptable, ability to handle uncertainty and ambiguous situations
• Desire to collaborate with other instructional designers to develop best-in-class learning content
• Excellent organization skills, ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, and content editing capabilities
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and foster collaboration
- Adult Education
- Business Requirements
- Change Management