Senior Category Manager - Professional Services
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. As a Sr. Category Manager with our Professional Services portfolio team, you will have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
Please note: This position may sit in Collegeville, PA, or with our Secaucus, NJ HQ.
As a Sr. Category Manager on our Corporate Procurement Professional Services portfolio team you are responsible for developing and executing strategies for several assigned highly complex, high spend, and high impact (high visibility) spend category families; oversight for sourcing events, working with cross-functional teams; managing on-going vendor relationships; for assigned spend categories. With a focus on building improving overall company performance and profitability.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Influence and establish project requirements for assigned sourcing categories, working closely with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Conduct internal and external research on supply market and competitive activities within assigned spend categories to identify supply market trends; ensures the identification of a qualified supply base and creation of effective and innovative sourcing strategies.
- Executes category sourcing strategies through the development and execution of RFI’s and RFP’s,
- Lead supplier selection in collaboration with a cross-functional team; conducts supplier negotiations to establish comprehensive supplier agreements.
- Work with cross functional teams to develop business cases to support process and technology changes and sell changes to key stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Define and execute detailed project plans to establish new supplier relationships and grow existing supplier relationships.
- Prepare and present executive project summaries to C-Suite. Represent Quest Diagnostics with Senior Supply Leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degrees
- 5-10 years of successful procurement experience in relevant spend categories
- Strong influencing, change management, and negotiation skills
- Advanced MS-Office user knowledge
- Relevant category management experience in areas such as: Human Resources, Travel, Temporary Labor/Contingent Staffing, Consulting, Compliance, Risk Management, Marketing/Communications
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional bottom line results.
- MBA or related advanced degree
- Supply Chain, Procurement, PM Certifications
- Healthcare industry experience
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Strong work ethic and unyielding integrity
Open to new initiatives and a good listener