How this role creates value: the job
- Manages all sales efforts, creating value for our customers by ensuring the highest levels of customer engagement through innovative, high quality products and collaboration.
- Guides, coaches and motivates sales representatives to deliver accountability and performance.
- Fosters a culture and environment that makes their region a destination for top performers.
- Set sales objectives and marshals the necessary resources to achieve them. These resources may include educational programs, product development initiatives, sales strategies and most importantly, a trained, organized salesforce.
- Guides, leads or participates in selling complex solutions to HCPs and hospital administrators.
- Accurately forecasts sales trends and commitments.
- Manages a profitable, cost-conscious business, including DII, inventory, DSO, T&E, pricing, and contracts.
- Executes territory allocation, develops market-based quotas, participates in the design of motivating compensation plans and manages to them.
- Conducts win/loss analyses to understand key drivers and communicates these concisely and regularly to product, marketing and executive management.
- This territory includes Albany/Rochester New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine. Candidate can live anywhere within the region.
What we’re looking for: qualifications and experiences
- 8+ years of professional experience with at least 3 in sales and medical device required (sales management experience preferred).
- Proven track record of achievement in strategic business to business sales with above quota performance.
- Strong financial acumen with a robust focus on return-on-investment, when planning, communicating and executing on strategic priorities and implementing decisions
- Demonstrated success in fostering productive cross-departmental and cross-divisional work and relationships
- Competency of selling complex solutions and in analyzing and planning around complex business situations
- Proven ability to champion and facilitate development of breakthrough solutions
- Demonstrated evidence of building understanding and engagement with business strategy
- Strong commitment to compliance, integrity, inclusion and respect
- Prepared to travel up to 50% (including some weekends)
- Understands the complex healthcare environment (IDNs, GPOs, etc.)
- Proven success in fostering a culture that makes your team a destination for top performers and a highly-engaged salesforce.
- Must be comfortable in emergency / operating room environments.
- Bachelors degree required.
- “Smart, hardworking, and gets along well with others.” John Brown
If candidate has management experience:
- Established record of selecting, engaging and developing top talent.
If candidate does not have management experience:
- Participated in selection process and informed hiring decision, mentored new talent (ASR or SR), contributed to making improvements to team’s engagement.
We do what’s right
We do what we say
We grow talent
Core themes and phrases about our workplace
- Our Culture - Win together as a team
We are a team. We constantly challenge ourselves. We challenge each other. We want to achieve more. We win the right way. We care about each other.
Our company is growing. You can grow with us. We help you discover your strengths. You can discover and follow your passion here. We are a career destination.
- The Work - Customers and patients are at the heart of everything we do
We strive for the best. We improve lives. We go above and beyond. We are proud of our quality products. We are accountable for our work. e
- Our People - Passionately driven, remarkable results
We are passionate. We are driven. We are focused. We deliver remarkable results. We expect to win. We act with purpose. We act with integrity. We do what we say.
Who we are
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including orthopedics, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology & spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries around the world. For more information, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to CMF New England Regional Manager.
In 2018, Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK) announced that for the eighth consecutive year it has been named as one of the 2017 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For, ranking 16 out of 100.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
Work From Home: Remote
Travel Percentage: 80%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
New Product Development