The Software Engineer I builds software products used by customers of the Angie's List home services platform. They work with team members to execute product initiatives in a way that meets Angie’s List technology standards for performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability.
This position works on the heart of the Angie’s List platform, building features that real people use every day. We commonly finish a feature on Tuesday, push it to Production on Wednesday, and watch it bring business results on Thursday.
- Ensure that the code meets performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability standards
- Verify delivered code meets acceptance criteria
- Review team members’ code submissions
- Write unit tests as well as automation for endpoints
- Consult with other team members to provide time estimates and project status
- Follow scrum practices for project management, including daily standups, grooming, planning, and retrospectives
- Follow technology practices such as code review, change control, and deployment
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in computer information technology, computer science, or related degree; or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years’ experience developing software, preferably in a software-as-a-service environment
- Experience working on technical teams building software applications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience developing Web applications
- Willingness to learn Scala
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- Smart, curious, motivated, and honest
- Experience with backend languages such as Scala, Java or C#
- Experience with mobile application development, either Android or iOS
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and microservices
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience in one or more Agile software development life cycle methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience in GitHub and Jira or similar tools
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US.
Angie’s List is a part of ANGI Homeservices Inc. (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We turn home improvement jobs imagined into jobs well-done. People throughout North America and Europe rely on our technologies to book quality home service pros across 500 different categories, from repairing and remodeling to cleaning and landscaping. Over 250,000 service professionals find work through ANGI Homeservices and consumers turn to at least one of the brands to find a pro for more than 20 million projects each year. Our marketplaces have enabled more than 150 million consumer-to-pro connections, meaningfully redefining how easily and effectively home pros are discovered and hired.
We have established category-transforming products through the brands HomeAdvisor®, Angie’s List®, Handy and Fixd Repair – as well as international brands HomeStars, MyHammer, MyBuilder, Instapro, Travaux and Werkspot. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation.
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit URL blocked - click to apply to register.
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development
Event Driven Programming