Exciting opportunity to bring a global, 100% associate-owned company forward into the cutting-edge world of Internet of Things (IoT). Do you have a unique combination of in-depth technical knowledge, business acumen, and strong interpersonal skills?
As our new IoT Architect, you will need these range of skills to collaborate with multiple sectors across our global business and through these interactions, you will:
- Determine top opportunities for IoT at Hypertherm
- Architect an IoT solution that matches each need identified
- Be an IoT advocate and influence others about the benefits of IoT (building their excitement along the way to showcase the ROI)
- Finally, deploy the solutions - at scale - across our global enterprise!
Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to apply and be considered for Hypertherm's new IoT Architect role.
In this Industry 4.0 role, you will be responsible for Hypertherm's IoT solution design, implementation, documentation, and support. Based on requirements, cost-benefit analysis, performance, reliability, organizational input, and supportability, as our IoT Cloud Database Architect, you will select the database technology to enable cloud-storage of large amounts of IoT data, analytical tools for the development of machine learning and artificial intelligence. This includes considering data security, migration of current data, ease of connectivity, embedded analytics, 3rd party connectivity, and connectivity with adjacent databases internal to Hypertherm.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering with 4+ years of experience in database management, architecture design and cloud platforms and 2+ years experience in cloud services using Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in software developing using the Agile methodology, including sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Ability to communicate with associates, external customers, and partners across our global business.
- Ability to lead projects with internal teams to determine IoT streaming protocol standards for Hypertherm, such as OPC / UA or MT Connect.
- Ability to document the API protocol for Hypertherm / 3rd party use and assist with 3rd party implementation of solutions using our data.
- Service-oriented to provide IoT solutions troubleshooting support through automated tools or phone/chat support as needed.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Ability to facilitate meetings with large groups of diverse stakeholders to help drive consensus around crucial technology decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer requirements into functional technical specifications.
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to adapt to problems as they arise.
- Azure certifications from Microsoft (Microsoft Azure Administrator, Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies, Microsoft Azure Architect Design)
- Experience with cloud hosting platforms (Amazon Web Services), IoT communication protocol (OPC / UA, MT Connect) and IoT dashboard creation tools (Power BI, Thingworx)
- Certified Scrum Master
Hypertherm's mission is to provide customers with the best industrial cutting solutions in the industry. We are a 100% associate-owned company, with our corporate office in Hanover, NH, USA and have Associates in twenty-six countries around the globe. Globally focused, we design, manufacture and support the world's leading cutting solutions, with a proud history of over 50 years
Besides our incredible culture, some of the benefits you can expect with a career at Hypertherm:
- Global, 100% employee-owned company for over 50 years
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Four days/year Community Service Time
- Strong commitment to Environmental Stewardship
- Stable, growing organization with a no-layoff philosophy
Internet Of Things (Io T)
Amazon Web Services