To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Iowa City, IA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Account Executive/Senior Account Executive, Curriculum Sales
ACT • Iowa City, IA
Posted 10 days ago
ACT is a nonprofit organization helping people achieve educational and workplace success. Our programs are designed to boost lifelong learning in schools and workplaces around the world. Whether it's guiding students along their learning paths, enabling companies to develop their workforce, fostering parent, teacher, and counselor understanding of student progress, guiding job seekers toward career success, or informing policymakers about education and workforce issues. ACT is passionate about making a difference in all we do.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!Responsibilities
Authority. Personalization. Integration. These three words embody ACT's Value Proposition. As an Account Executive on the newly formed ACT Curriculum Sales team, you will play a large role in shaping ACT's transformation to a learning company. You will be consulting directly with schools and districts in the K-12 space to help them to bring them the best Open Educational Resources (OER) to their classrooms. You will also be working with businesses within the K-12 segment who can potentially distribute OERs. Your K-12 expertise will be critical as you use a consultative sales approach in working to deliver ACT's learning products to potential customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Typical work-related activities include:
- Identify potential school districts that have platforms conducive to OER distribution in their schools
- Identify potential business partners that have products and services that serve U.S. K-12 students, teachers, or administration via digital products for learning or assessment
- Research accounts, identify key prospects, and generate interest; close sales and achieve sales targets as assigned
- Collaborate with internal ACT teams, such as Technology or Product, to provide clarity as needed with prospects
- Collaborate with ACT Account Executives to ensure client success, and license expansion and renewal
- Utilize Salesforce to report regularly on the progress of new business targets, agreements, and generated sales
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in education or business administration
- Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- Minimum of three years of K-12 classroom teaching and/or K-12 administration experience
- Experience in the K-12 market, account management or sales experience
- Prior proven sales experience
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in education or business administration.
- Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Minimum of five years of K-12 classroom teaching and/or K-12 administration experience
- Minimum of three years related experience in the K-12 market, account management or sales experience
- Prior proven sales experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of education industry and curriculum/content for K-12
- Working knowledge of ACT's products and services and how those products and services are collectively used to provide good solutions
- Working knowledge of products and services of key competitors to ACT and how the market perceives these competitors as well as ACT's differentiators
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Strong relationship skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Competence in using computers, devices, and software including word-processing, spreadsheet, database, and CRM (preference for salesforce.com)
- Ability to determine logical solutions to complicated problems
- Ability to set goals and priorities