Eurofins MET Laboratories is searching for an Electronic Technician in Santa Clara, CA.
Eurofins MET Laboratories is one of the Nation's leading laboratories for the testing and certification of electronic and electrical products. We are a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and have been serving clients for over 50 years. Our Santa Clara, CA location is currently seeking local Electronic Technicians, dedicated team players, who we can train to perform Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing.
Many Electronic Technician jobs involve menial tasks, such as soldering connections, performing routine maintenance of equipment, and acting as a general helper. This is not the case in the MET EMC lab. Electronic Technicians at MET are responsible for conducting tests from start to finish and documenting test results. Performing EMC testing at MET labs is interesting, challenging, and enjoyable.
Electronic Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
• Receive training on and perform conducted/radiated radio frequency (RF) emissions/susceptibility testing.
• Test a wide range of cutting edge, electronic equipment.
• Become knowledgeable on electromagnetic phenomena, including radio frequency (RF), electrostatic discharge (ESD), Lightning, magnetic fields, and more.
• Assist lab manager with related tasks.
The ideal candidate would possess :
• Experience in the product safety field is a plus, but will consider entry level position for the right person.
• Background in product safety standards is a plus
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
• AA, electronic tech school certificate, or electronic military training (Bachelor's and Master's degree holders are overqualified).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work 8:30am-5pm, Monday through Friday
• Occasional 2nd shift and evening/weekend overtime
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
This is a very hands-on position that will require the candidate to interact with a number of different clients on many different levels. This position will be primarily first shift and will start out with training for the first one to two months. After initial training, overtime will be required as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Union City California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Attention To Detail