Internationally recognized organization, focusing on the design and manufacture of high-reliability Connectivity, Power & Control solutions for the Aerospace, Defense and Space industries, is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer with technical leadership skills to help solve mechanical and thermal challenges at the box and/or board level.
Our Client is an internationally recognized organization, providing high-reliability, connectivity, power and control solutions for various industries in Aerospace, Defense and Space.
- Leadership: Provide a technical leadership role within the Engineering department to solve mechanical and thermal challenges at the box and/ or board level.
- Design: Responsibilities include box-level and board-level mechanical design, with consideration given to shock and vibration requirements. Additional requirements include heat transfer modeling and design, especially heat conduction and thermal radiation in box-level systems. Experience with industry accepted Engineering software packages is required.
- Process Improvement: Join the decision and tradeoff process for issues that cross other discipline boundaries.
- Optimize: Work with the design team to develop creative approaches that favorably optimize design trade offs for various elements of a design such as product cost, performance, feature set, time to market, and technical risk.
- Production Support: Create Engineering drawings in accordance with accepted industry standards.
- Planning: Create, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of mechanical and thermal product design from research and development to design and manufacture.
Innovation: Conceive methods for achieving product requirements and specifications using appropriate design, process, manufacturing and mechanical techniques.
- Educate: Mentor, coach, direct and train less senior engineers to facilitate their ability to progress to higher levels of technical and professional achievement.
ProfileRequired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office
Educational / Experience Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Applied Sciences is required.
Approximately seven or more years related engineering experience.
Working knowledge of Military specifications (e.g. MIL-STD-810) and IP (Ingress Protection) ratings as they apply to board and box-level products.
Experience in Military/Aerospace industry a plus.
- Due to U.S. Export Control laws, candidates must be US Citizens, Permanent Residents or Green Card Holders.
- People-Focused Policies
- Career Development
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k with Employer Match
- Employee Referral Program
- Relocation Assistance Available!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Aerospace Industries
- Auto Cad
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Enterprise Application Software
- Finite Element Methods