The Registered Nurse in the AIC is responsible for assessing the needs of each patient and contributing to the overall treatment plan. The AIC RN provides a comprehensive approach in the IV nursing management of the patient with a variety of medical, surgical, cardiac, rheumatologic, neurologic, and digestive disease as well as other types of infusion needs.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing, BSN preferred. As of 1/1/18 must obtain BSN with 4 years of hire or transfer.
- 2-5 years of nursing experience with one year of specialty experience in the insertion and maintenance of a variety of VAD, and administration of intravenous infusions, preferred
License or Certification Requirements:
- Current Illinois RN license
- BLS Required
Work Schedule: Days
FTE: 0.001 (TR/PRN)
- Actively seeks to prevent and treat infusion related complications.
- Appropriately administers a variety of oral, intramuscular, intravenous and subcutaneous medications as ordered by the physician.
- Attend seminars, institutes, etc. for continuing education purposes.
- Ensures documentation on all patients is accurate.
- Evaluates and recommends drug delivery devices, in accordance with accepted standards of infusion practice.
- Evaluates environment for safety, and participates in maintaining clean and organized work area.
- Identifies problems and needs requiring intervention by another department of the hospital or an outside agency.
- Informs physician of patient progress.
- Inserts and maintains vascular access devices according to policy.
- Monitors for desired outcome of treatment therapy.
- Monitors for patient compliance with treatment plan, and works collaboratively with patient/caregiver in attaining treatment goals.Obtains and evaluates lab samples.Performs a comprehensive assessment of patient.Performs clerical work as needed including typing, filing, etc.Performs courier duties as needed.Promotes patient self care through education.
* Registered Nurse
* BACHELOR SCIENCE NURSING
To apply please email your resume to Email blocked - click to apply
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Registered Nurse Certified
Intravenous (Iv) Fusions