What you will do
As an Operations Manager, you are on the front line, responsible for project delivery, estimating, and financial management for the project portfolio within the market team. You will be determining optimum resource levels needed to meet schedule milestones and monitoring workforce levels to ensure conformance with the construction plan. You have your hand on the project pulse at all times, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to performance of the work. You will be responsible for implementing site safety and security procedures and project work rules and play an active role in developing the safety program.How you will do it
• Work collaboratively establish and maintain local market dominance.
• Perform cost estimating, project scheduling and construction management and sales support activities.
• Ensure projects properly executed, as budgeted, and billed in a timely manner within scope of the contract. Maintain profitability goals and positive cash flow within the Market team.
• Plan, schedule and control project activities.
• Proactively work to establish advantageous long-term customer and contractor relationships.
• Interface with customer throughout the project life cycle to gain feedback on customer satisfaction.
• Provide leadership by demonstrating focus on exceeding customers’ expectations.
• Communicate the status of projects to Area General Manager, providing forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin for the PC execution.
• Foster and maintain good working relationships with subcontractors.
• Ensures compliance with state, local and federal legal guidelines.
• Adhere to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards, demonstrating a high degree of safety awareness for all Johnson Controls employees and worksite-based subcontractors.
You are leader, at your best when called upon to think strategically. You communicate well with audiences at all levels, both internal and external. You take ownership of issues able to move simultaneously between diverse tasks with tact, cooperation, and persistence. Your proven organizational and time management skills mean you are able to regroup as priorities and objectives change. Customer satisfaction is your highest priority.
What we look for
• University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 8 years minimum experience.
• Bachelor’s in engineering, business or marketing.
• 8 years progressively responsible management experience, preferably in building construction or operations. Ability to prioritize work activities based upon financial impact to desired business goals.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; polished presentation skills.
• Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment.
• Demonstrated team-building and leadership skills.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Provide Expert Consumer Insight
Drive Development Strategy
Execute Marketing Plan