To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tecumseh, MI 49286
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Advantage xPO • Tecumseh, MI
Posted 1 month ago
We are looking for a skilled Machinist to set up, maintain and operate multiple machinery. You’ll ensure the interminable and efficient running of production. A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve.
Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers. The will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
- Must be able to run multiple machines at a time
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning, etc.) to start a production cycle
- Properly clean the machines and area at the end of shift
- Read a tape measure, scale and solid square
- Make adjustments for size as required
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Identify different steel types and locations
- Manage machine controls on multiple saws
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Fill out and follow control plan requirements and how to define a good part
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Check output spot for any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units of final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Change saw blades and recognize when the blades are bad
- Fill out paperwork for scrap pieces of steel, i.e. barrel stock
Minimum (Required) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
- Proven experience as a Rough Grind/Mill and Saw operator preferred but not mandatory
- Operate a forklift
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer, etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication
- Physical stamina and strength
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.