To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- South Bend, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Supported Living Team Leader – South Bend, IN
Benchmark Human Services • South Bend, IN
Posted 2 months ago
For almost 60 years, Benchmark Human Services has earned a reputation as an innovator, leader, and advocate in serving people with disabilities. We are always looking for employees that show initiative, enthusiasm, reliability, compassion, integrity, open mindedness, and have a strong work ethic. If you possess these traits and are looking for a fulfilling career in which you can make a difference, we want to talk to you.
The South Bend Team is looking for quality Team Leaders for the Supported Living area. The Team Leader (TL) will perform all functions of a Direct Support Professional (DSP) and assist the Program Coordinator in supervising, supporting and training DSP’s and ensuring the quality of services provided and the health and safety of the individual served.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and disseminate forms and agency information
- Assist with training and monitoring DSP’s
- Assist with:
- Review of goal
- Plan and follow-through of medical appointments
- Update client files
- Planning and implement living arrangements
- Assist in crisis situations and medical emergencies
- Review and checking in medications
- Assist with quarterly reporting
- Assist with coordinating staffing coverage
- Complete home observations
- Assist in finances with:
- Monitor client spending and staff petty cash
- Write or cash checks, make deposits for living expenses
- Complete paperwork for expenses
- Ensure home is safe, clean and in good repair
- Monitor diet, meal planning and shopping
- Ensure monthly safety drills are conducted and documented
- Report any suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation
- Attend monthly meetings and conduct home meetings
- Maintain documentation, certification and training as mandated
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Effectively train new employees
- Organization and ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage client finances
- Effectively communicate with staff and family
- Valid driver’s license, current proof of insurance and reliable vehicle
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities
- Experience in supervisory position
- High school diploma or equivalent
Benchmark Human Services is an EOE/AAP Employer. Veterans, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.