Why you should work with us? Because within DNV GL - Energy's Renewables Advisory group, organizational culture, and more specifically how we collectively influence the world for future generations, matters deeply to us. Our team works every day to increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society; endeavors to achieve our purpose through the success of our customers; and strives to be high-performing and innovative. Our approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
DNV GL – Energy is seeking a Solar Energy Analyst to join our team. The primary function of this position is to assess the solar resource and expected energy output of proposed or operational solar projects across North America.
By joining our team at DNV GL, you will be part of championing the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society and the planet. Through a commitment to independence and unsurpassed rigor, we achieve our purpose through long-term success of our customers. We strive to be a high-performing, innovative team which reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
This position may be based in any location within the contininental United States, including remote (home) offices; however candidates located in the following places will be given preference: Oakbrook, IL (Chicago); San Diego, CA; Oakland, CA. Other preferred locations include: Austin, TX; Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; or Medford, MA.
Tasks May Include
- Conduct long-term solar resource and energy production assessments:
- Analyzing climatic data and operational production and performance data from solar plants,
- Work across all scales of solar including residential, commercial and industrial, and utility-scale,
- Inspecting sites and measurement equipment,
- Predicting energy production,
- Conducting statistical uncertainty analyses, and
- Writing technical reports and communicating results to Customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant engineering, atmospheric science, or quantitative field. Master’s degree is preferred
- 4+ years experience in solar resource assessment or modeling required
- Understanding of solar resource variability and its impact on energy estimates
- Understanding of solar Measure Correlate and Predict (MCP) analysis
- Previous experience as a renewable energy consultant preferred
- Understanding of renewable energy industry measurement techniques and standards preferred
- Understanding of solar energy project execution and finance preferred
- Familiarity with Python programming, Python data science packages (e.g. NumPy and pandas) and version control systems (e.g. Git) are pluses
- Proficient working with MS Office Word/Excel
- Comprehensive understanding of fundamental solar modeling principles, including familiarity with PVSyst and SAM
- Experience in uncertainty and statistical data analysis
- Proficiency working with data analysis tools (Python, R, SQL, Matlab, etc.)
- Ability to streamline process by implementation of process improvement techniques
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and to approach tasks with a Customer-centric mindset. This is a seller-doer role, which requires both technical rigor and commercial acumen. Preferred candidates will have a high curiosity and desire to learn
- Ability to write technical reports and commercial correspondence to verbally convey information in a clear and concise manner in English
- At DNV GL safety is paramount. The ideal candidate will have a strong health, safety and environmental mindset
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 10% of the time
- Meet physical requirements such as sitting for long periods of time when working in the office and ability and willingness to occasionally be exposed to outside weather conditions when travelling to assigned project site locations (typical travel time is approximately 3 days every 2-4 months)
We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Analyst - Solar Energy Assessment visit our website at www.dnvgl.comCompany & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100 countries, our professionals are dedicated to helping customers in the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener.Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Python (Programming Language)