The Camp Recovery Center is growing and seeking passionate, highly motivated individuals to join our team. Located in the tranquility of the Santa Cruz redwoods, The Camp Recovery Center has been treating adults and adolescents for drug addiction for almost 30 years. Considered a leader in the field of drug and alcohol treatment, The Camp has built a nationally recognized reputation in medical and therapeutic communities. Our compassionate and caring treatment programs provide clients with the newest advances in addiction treatment, all while residing in a truly peaceful setting. We are committed to providing the best care available for those suffering from the disease of addiction.
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Assistant to work at The Camp Recovery Center located in Scott's Valley to perform routine and specific maintenance services which may include grounds work.
- Perform general maintenance and repair to facility and equipment which may involve plumbing, carpentry, painting and mechanical equipment repair or similar.
- Act as back-up for call person in case of emergency, respond timely and appropriately.
- Handle all equipment in a safe manner to prevent accidents and demonstrate good working knowledge of tools and their safe use.
- Follow preventive maintenance schedule / instruction and complete reports, as requested.
- May also be required to: inspect and maintain emergency power equipment, test starter generator once a week and maintain power level of battery; inspect and maintain fire alarm system to include testing system, fire doors, audible alarms, visible alarms(lights) and smoke detectors and record data on appropriate forms as required by state or facility; check condition and readiness of extinguishers on a regular schedule; inspect and maintain lighting system throughout facility.
- Inspect and maintain plumbing system, replace or repair faucets, toilet stools, urinals, traps, drains, basins and bathtubs, as needed; repair or refinishe furniture in rooms, offices and dining room as needed.
1. Education: High school graduate or GED equivalent.
2. Experience: None.
3. Certifications: Food Handling Certificate.
4. Licenses: None required.
5. Special Requirements: Knowledge of the standard practice, procedures and equipment required in the food industry. Knowledge of state health codes.
6. Age/Gender Specifics: Ability to work with male and female, adolescent (13-17), adult (18-over) substance abuse/dual diagnosed population.
You will excel at customer service and be able to collaborate with multiple departments in a collaborative manner.
As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to develop your skills within our fast paced and growing program. There are now many opportunities for advancement both at Camp Recovery Center and our new parent company, Acadia Healthcare.
Acadia is a provider of inpatient behavioral healthcare services. Acadia operates a network of 225 behavioral healthcare facilities with approximately 9,190 beds in 37 states, the United Kingdom and Puerto Rico. Acadia provides psychiatric and chemical dependency services to its patients in a variety of settings, including inpatient psychiatric hospitals, residential treatment centers, outpatient clinics and therapeutic school-based programs
We are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of chemical dependency treatment to adolescents and adults, embracing the values of integrity, responsibility, respect, accountability, and excellence into the care we provide. Whether clients are battling an addiction to alcohol, heroin, meth, or pain medications, they can rest assured that the staff at The Camp Recovery Center will do everything in our power to not only help them heal, but to help them regain the confidence needed to lead a life of lasting sobriety.
Employment is contingent upon successful clearance and completion of your background screening.