Property Management Senior Accountant
If you are looking for the next step in your accounting career and possess a drive to succeed, begin your future today by joining the Goldfarb Properties Accounting Department.
Goldfarb Properties, a privately held real estate company headquartered in New Rochelle and in business for over 50 years, please visit our website: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Property Management Senior Accountant, is seeking an accounting professional to join our management team. We offer a strong future and growth potential for an energetic candidate that has at least 5 years of accounting experience and familiarity with the real estate industry using Yardi Voyager.
Responsible for financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting.
- Record monthly and quarterly accounting journal entries to ensure financial statements are in accordance with GAAP and Tax basis.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements and variance analysis through the use of the Yardi accounting system.
- Review general ledger transactions to ensure coding is accurate and all ending balances tie out to supporting documents.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations.
- Coordinate with Property Managers to prepare annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
- Prepare supporting workpapers for annual audit.
- Dedication to continuously improve accounting processes through the automation of the accounting tasks and reporting.
- Assist with special tasks and projects as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with 5 years of experience.
- Experience with Residential & Commercial property accounting including work paper preparation, capital expenditures and depreciation.
- Sound analytical abilities
- Excellent Excel skill set.
- Attention to detail as well as strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, & Outlook
Goldfarb Properties owns and manages over 6,000 apartments in the New York metropolitan area. The family business recently entered its third generation, and has been in existence since 1953. The company owns and manages approximately 60 buildings, the majority of which are residential apartment buildings located in Northern New Jersey, Manhattan, Queens, The Bronx, and Westchester. A sampling of our major commercial tenants includes the City of New York Board of Elections, The City of New York Human Resources Administration, Mount Sinai Hospital, St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital, Bronx Lebanon Hospital, St. John’s Episcopal Hospital, Bank of America, CVS, and various other national retailers. Goldfarb Properties employs over 200 people.
accounting, accountant, general ledger, accounts, ledger, reconciliations, monthly closing, month-end, property management, Yardi
Analysis Of Variance
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles