To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2200 Cook Drive Northwest
Atlanta, GA 30340
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CDL Driver - Class A
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc • Atlanta, GA
Posted 5 days ago
CDL Driver – Class A
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. is one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America. Beacon currently has over 550 locations in 50 US states and 6 Canadian provinces and more than 8,500 employees. We are known throughout the building supply industry for having quality people, quality service and quality building products.
Beacon Roofing Supply is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol BECN. In June of 2006, Beacon Roofing Supply was named to the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
We are currently seeking a CDL Class A Driver in our Atlanta, GA branch to ensure the accurate, efficient, and safe delivery of merchandise to job sites.
The Responsibilities Include:
- Provide quality service to customers using clear communication skills.
- Perform DOT-required pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Be compliant with all CSA 2010 requirements.
- Maintain accurate records for submission to Fleet Office.
- Ensure safety of vehicle; report all mechanical problems promptly to Fleet Office.
- Ensure safety and proper performance of helpers on company property, job site and in transit; Always requiring the use of proper safety gear, including hard hats and steel toe shoes.
- Follow job site preparation procedures and all operating and safety instructions for conveyor and crane operations as defined in The Safety Policy.
- Address property-damage or personal injury occurrences immediately, including calling for medical attention, as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Be knowledgeable regarding all Company products and services.
- Inspect loaded truck for accuracy of order, compliance with weight restrictions, and proper securing of load.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
- Minimum of 1 year experience driving a commercial motor vehicle.
- Clean motor vehicle record.
- Satisfactory driving record per Company policy.
- Must pass all DOT requirements including physical examination and drug screen.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Experience operation of a forklift.
- Team player with good customer service skills.
- Ability to read, speak and write the English language.
- CDL drivers are subject to DOT random drug and alcohol tests.
- Must have reliable transportation to work each day.
- Must be able to physically and safely deliver products on roof.
An Equal Opportunity Employer