At Company, our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose or on journey of professional growth, our opportunity can offer both. Join our growing team of 7000 employees nationwide. Company has an opportunity for a VP of HR to lead our HR department at the corporate office in Vienna, VA/Tysons Corner area. This person will lead human resource initiatives, develop and execute human resource strategies to support performance management, training & development, benefits, employee relations and administration. This person will report directly to the CEO and work closely with all the departments and field management.
- Serves as a strategic business partner, influencer, and change agent responsible for implementing people initiatives and cultural change across the company.
- Serves as an expert resource across many facets of Human Resources.
- Provide concrete, timely and value-added generalist services to include organizational effectiveness, employee relations, performance management, and benefit direction and strategy.
- Leads by example, directs, and continuously evaluates senior staff. Provides ongoing and consistent feedback.
- Evaluates the HR structure for continual improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of the Department.
- Creates, evaluates, revises and maintains HR operating procedures and policies.
- Collaborates frequently with Company’s employment attorney to ensure HR practices and policies are compliant with state and local employment laws.
- Mitigate and analyze situations to resolve complex HR challenges that arise. Advise senior leadership with actionable items to mitigate issues and protect the interests of the organization.
- Develop concrete written action plans with succinct deliverables and time-lines.
- Accountable for timely execution of all deliverables and execution of the results in a highly complex, matrixed professional service organization.
- Provide statistical data and insights to programs to help increase their operating efficiencies and allow programs to make better informed decisions.
- Anticipate, respond and share the future direction of the Company/Department based on industry knowledge to build the organization’s capabilities for continued growth.
- Participate on a variety of committees such as Risk Management and 401(k) Committee
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Serves as HR liaison with parent company, Centene, to align business practices where appropriate and ensure understanding of Company’s goals and objectives.
- Passion for doing the right thing for the right reasons in difficult circumstances.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s in business management or HR related degree preferred.
- SPHR / SHRM-SCP preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive, complex, human resource management experience required including experience in ER, HR systems, Training, credentialing and benefits.
- Five years in a senior HR leadership role.
- Experience working in companies with 5000 FTE or more.
- Healthcare industry experience.
- Strong HR legal and compliance background working across a multi-state organization.
- Demonstrated organizational and strategic leadership with a customer service mindset.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, working independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish relationships and operate autonomously and diplomatically.
- Mastery of writing skills, analytical ability and decision making skills with proven positive outcomes.
Human Resource Management
Senior Professional In Human Resources