Accounting Analyst Needed with Growing CPG Company!
For over 70 years our client has developed a highly coveted product that serves a wide array of customers from dynamic retail partners to everyday consumers. The brands are known for their affordability, durability and innovative engineering. The company is seeking an Accounting Analyst to join their growing Accounting team! Job Description:
As a consumer products company, our client has varied sales channels, B2B, B2C and e-commerce. This role will work closely with sales and brand management to track, analyze and report on promotional programs that support our businesses. This position reports to the Controller, North American Operations.Success can be measured by continuous improvement as it relates to delivering accurate information through account analysis and coordination with both Sales and Accounts Receivable around administration of customer programs and allowances.Duties and Responsibilities of the Accounting Analyst:
• Support customer program tracking and calculation of monthly accruals, while bringing a keen eye for process improvement both through technology and simplification.
• Develop and perform analytics around actual program usage vs estimates, and other key financial data.
• Responsible for the royalty calculations and specific associated reporting as required by various parties, including monthly or quarterly payment requests.
• Work collaboratively with others in the organizations to understand customer needs and program usage, as well as financial impact.
• Provide financial reports and estimates to decision makers in the organization.
• Investigate and provide feedback on irregularities.
Technical Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
• B.S. in Accounting or Business Administration.
• 3-5 years experience in a consumer products environment.
• High level of proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and ERP systems required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English required.
Competencies of the Ideal Candidate:
• Resilient and determined self-starter.
• Promotes teamwork and is an example to others.
• Thrives on the challenge to create order where structure is lacking, processes are broken or do not exist.
• Ability to garner collaborative relationships, professionally debate, and see things from different perspectives.
• Exhibit an intellectual curiosity and learn quickly.
• Operates in an honest, ethical manner in all dealings; acts with integrity.#CFS2021