RoadSafe Traffic Systems (?RoadSafe?) is the largest provider of traffic control and pavement marking services in the United States. Our national network of 50 branches supports government, private, special event, utility and railroad projects in over 40 states. Expert knowledge of traffic control and roadway striping coupled with a unique ability to quickly mobilize our extensive fleet, state-of-the art equipment and trained technicians allows RoadSafe to safely provide quality, value, and peace of mind to our customers nationwide. RoadSafe enjoys exclusive contract agreements with some of the United States' biggest industrial companies and contractors. Known for our sophistication and professionalism, RoadSafe is called upon to handle the biggest and best projects in our industry. At RoadSafe, we offer a competitive pay, growth potential and an excellent benefits package for those who qualify including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) plans. RoadSafe recognizes and values diversity.
Position Summary: Completes operations of assigned traffic control/safety projects setting up and taking down lane closures. Takes direction from the prime contractor, as it relates to project work. Performs lane closures on state highways and other roadways. Redirect traffic for workers or survey crews. Work independently or part of a traffic control crew. Assemble, deliver, and pick up safety products from job sites. This position reports to the branch manager and crew leader.
* Position temporary work zones utilizing warning signs, traffic cones, barrels, etc. according to regulatory requirements.
* Load and unload work zone equipment, sometimes weighing up to 50 pounds, to/from the company vehicle.
* Drive the company vehicle to and from job sites in a safe manner.
* Stand and safely manage traffic control through active work zones while grasping a stop/slow paddle and utilizing radio communication.
* Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner.
* Keep company vehicle clean and orderly, informing management of any safety concerns or vehicle problems.
* Comply with all RoadSafe Traffic Systems policies, procedures and safety requirements.
* Drive MOT (Management of Traffic) vehicle to and from project and on work site.
* Place arrow board or variable message board in work area.
* Check work zone throughout shift to be sure items are still in their proper location.
* Pick up traffic control items at beginning and end of shift and load into the truck.
* Drive TMA (Truck Mounted Attenuator) vehicle to and from project and on work site to protect workers and work zone.
* Install, remove and reset delineators, signs, posts and supports.
* Shop work which may include general maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Assembly And Installation
- Regulatory Requirements
- Safety Principles
- Self Motivation