Life changing therapies. Global impact. Bridge to thousands of biopharma companies and their patients.We are PCI.
Our investment is in People who make an impact, drive progress and create a better tomorrow. Our strategy includes building teams across our global network to pioneer and shape the future of PCI.Position Title: Mechanic I Reports to: Production ManagementFLSA Status: Non-Exempt Location: Philadelphia, Pa Shift: ALLPrimary Function:
Responsible, as per training administered, work related to equipment repairs and changeovers, preventive maintenance activities, corrective troubleshooting on machinery. Assists with equipment inspection, installations, and equipment system performance improvements. Performs all work in accordance to company policies, procedures and regulations contained in company GMP'S, safety standards, SOP's and housekeeping standards ECT.ESSENTIAL FUNCTION:
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to: Responsible for minor mechanical/ electrical equipment repair and troubleshooting, process improvements, minor equipment changeovers, minor fabrication of machine parts on packaging machinery.SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Describe all machine controls and their functions.
- Identify all safety devices and emergency switches on all lines and equipment.
- Verify understanding of all safety procedures.
- Operate all equipment, where trained.
- Describe the start-up, operation and shutdown procedures for each piece of equipment, where trained.
- Select proper tools for machine adjustments.
- Demonstrate required level of reading comprehension.
- Prepare lines for daily production.
- Verify components used on the line.
- Operate and interface with on- line computers.
- Perform minor changeovers.
- Perform minor preventive maintenance tasks, where trained.
- Provide guidance and assistance to all line personnel.
- Demonstrate leadership on the Line.
- Maintains records and documentation as required.
- Maintains work area, tools and equipment in a clean and safe order.
- Exhibits flexibility acquired through training to be utilized at any position as needed in the company, or elsewhere in the facility, or as a trainer.
- Perform and Document all equipment Challenges that are list per MPI
Machine parts and assemblies, pipe and fittings, lubricant, solutions, welding materials, electric/ electronic devices, changeover parts as per training administered.Tools and Equipment:
Various hand and power tools, machine shop equipment, welding equipment, electrical testing equipment as per training administered.Reports to:
- Work independently with a minimum amount of supervision or direction or as part of a team or crew. Directs other personal as necessary in the course of their duties.
Experience or Equivalent:
- Must be currently enrolled in the PCI Packaging Mechanic Training Program.
- Entrance level position. Or at least 2- (2) year's equivalent experience as a packaging maintenance mechanic, mechanical maintenance mechanic or electrical maintenance mechanic.
Join us and be part of building the bridge between life changing therapies and patients. Let's talk futureEqual Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement:
PCI Pharma Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
- Assembly And Installation
- Business Process Improvement
- Electrical Installation Work