As determined by the HBI Audit Plan, supervise and perform financial internal audits assessing the accuracy of financial information and quality of internal controls in various areas of the company. Plan, supervise, and perform operational audits, Sarbanes-Oxley reviews, and special projects as requested. Position may also assist in the planning and supervision of audit projects beyond those being directly led, as deemed necessary.
- Plans, supervises, performs, and facilitates financial audits, operational audits, Sarbanes-Oxley reviews, and special projects, including:
- Determination of whether financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and HBI policies.
- An evaluation of an operating unit's system of internal controls in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), HBI Finance policies, HBI Executive policies, HBI IT policies, Global Code of Conduct and other applicable guidelines.
- Providing relevant information to Audit Services management in determining an operating unit's risk profile and in performing annual risk assessments.
- Ensure that all audit work is thorough, complete, and has been performed in accordance with GAAP, GAAS, and IIA Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, and HBI Internal Audit Policies.
- Acts as a key audit contact for area management on a daily basis while the audit is in planning, execution, and wrap-up phases.
- Takes responsibility for overall project execution from planning to wrap up and final report delivery.
- Performs special project work under Manager/Senior Manager's instruction and supervision.
- Prepares the Executive Summary, Detailed Audit Report, and other audit deliverables based on the materiality and importance of audit results and adequacy of audit documentation, subject to Audit Manager, Senior Manager and/or Vice President Audit Services approval.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all HBI business lines. Leverages ideas from other reviews and co-workers to provide value-added recommendations and best practices to others.
- Demonstrates teamwork by responsively collaborating with the Project Manager and audit team, sharing information and ideas, proactively seeking and accepting constructive feedback, and accepting additional assignments when appropriate.
- Works effectively with multi-cultural and global team members.
- Identifies self-development needs and seeks opportunities to work on areas that will further develop skills.
- Demonstrates integrity with interaction among HBI personnel and peers. Acts as a positive and enthusiastic role model for peers.
- Assists with interviewing, training, and developing internal auditors.
- Effectively communicates audit observations and recommendations via update meetings and closing conferences with appropriate management personnel.
- Works with IT Audit to develop, document, and/or run Computer Assisted Automated Techniques (CAATs) as feasible. Previous experience involved in IT systems operations or IT auditing extremely desirable.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA or relevant Masters studies, desirable
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards; Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access required
Years/type of experience:
- 2-5 years of applicable experience (financial, accounting, and/or audit)
- Willingness and capable to travel within the US and internationally (up to 25%)
- Foreign language skills such as Spanish, French, German, Vietnamese or Chinese (Mandarin) very desirable
Competencies or behavioral characteristics required to accomplish primary accountabilities of job:
- Building Strategic Working Relationships - Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment and independently. Outgoing with strong interpersonal skills.
- Planning and Organizing - Ability to successfully multi-task and delegate work when appropriate.
- Communication - Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Financial Acumen - Well-developed analytical skills to review and analyze business operations and to identify accounting and operating opportunities.
- Initiating Action - Flexible with good initiative and creativity. Ambitious, goal-oriented.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
Email: URL blocked - click to apply
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
Computer Aided Audit Tools