To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Seabrook, MD 20703
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
FOSTER CARE SOCIAL WORKER (LGSW)
Universal Health Services • Seabrook, MD
Posted 7 days ago
Do you have a strong passion for the well-being of children? We are looking for that special person who puts the kids first.
Feel you are a match?
Our Social Workers are responsible for the delivery of quality case management services to therapeutic foster youth and their families. You would responsible for maintaining comprehensive client records and partnering with the team to promote the safety, permanency and wellbeing of their assigned consumer caseload.
Additional duties of this position include:
- Conduct home visits to assess strengths and needs of treatment foster parents and the foster children.
- Provide crisis intervention evaluation and assessment services for clients and therapeutic foster care parents in the home environment once foster child is placed.
- Maintain accurate and current client records in accordance with COMAR regulations and Foundations for Home and Community practices.
- Provide information, education and guidance to therapeutic foster care parents, the biological families, or adoptive families of clients concerning issues of discipline, limit-setting, substance abuse, budget management, housekeeping, nutrition, independent living skills, communication skills and child development.
- Assist team in identifying goals, makes appropriate referrals, and coordinates needed treatment services to meet these goals.
Qualifications of this position include:
- One or more years’ experience in case management with school systems, military agencies, social services, public and/or private community agencies, churches, civic organizations and/or the courts working with adolescents and/or children and families.
- Knowledge of community resources and how to access such resources; principles of effective home, family and personal management; family dynamics; crisis intervention management; parenting and child care skills training; home management; resource/network building; and strong organizational and communication skills; assessment/treatment planning skills; understanding of family styles.
- Active LGSW licensure in Maryland.
This is a salaried, full-time position, offering a generous benefit package, including paid time off, 401 Retirement plan (with match).