Under the general direction of the Neurodiagnostic Manager, performs electroneurodiagnostic testing, to include Electroencephalogram or nerve conduction testing.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Completion of an AMA-accredited training program in Electroencephalographic Technology, Electrodiagnostics or Electroneurodiagnostics field. One year clinical experience in the electroneurodiagnostic field and successful demonstration of electroneurodiagnostic clinical competencies may substitute for training program (in addition to the requirements listed in the Experience section).
- Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider Certification.
Other Related Functions
- Performs quality routine EEGs, EEGs suspected in electrocerebral silence and/or nerve conduction studies of all ages
- Greets patients and explains testing procedures to them
- Facilitates all aspects of study completion, including, taking patient history, necessary paperwork, charging and archiving
- Troubleshoots equipment, inventories and stocks supplies
- Knowledge of the diagnostic span and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit
- Demonstrate and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status
- Maintain knowledge of current practices and techniques as recommended through continuing education.
- Takes call as needed and responds in a timely manner. • Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Files reports appropriately and makes copies of studies upon request.
Maintains appropriate records and regularly attends staff meetings.
Maintains order and cleanliness of work area.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic Life Support
- Clinical Works
- Nerve Conduction Studies