PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Security Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to serve as the Corporate Security point of contact for employees, visitors, contractors, and emergency first responders at the PenFed Chantilly Service Center. This role will be responsible for monitoring physical security systems (CCTV, Intrusion Detection and Access Control) at the business site along with fulfilling administrative duties to the PenFed Corporate Security Program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Act as primary security point-of-contact at the PenFed Chantilly Service Center; monitor employee, visitor and vendor activity and identify any suspicious activity.
- Verify identity of visitors, obtain visitor identification; issue temporary access badges according to PenFed policy. Verify employee’s identification, access needs and assign proper access control badges.
- Responsible for implementing all Corporate Security policies and procedures, process employee photos, issue identification access badges, and assign employee parking as needed.
- Monitor CCTV, intrusion detection systems, access control system for suspicious and irregular activity. Investigate and report disturbances, write reports and contact police in case of emergencies.
- Maintain knowledge on the Corporate Security systems, troubleshoot security equipment issues, and assist PenFed Employees and Contractors.
- Inform senior management regarding information and/or situations that may be considered hostile and require investigative action.
- Assist in evacuation procedures and training of personnel.
- Operation of an electronic visitor management system.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related security field preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ of experience in physical security, risk mitigation and investigations is required. Knowledge of CCTV, Intrusion Detection and Access Control is preferred.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools to include Microsoft Word and Excel
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
PSP Certification is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Travel for training may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at Phone number blocked - click to apply.
Intrusion Detection Systems
Intrusion Detection And Prevention