Enterprise Application Support Analyst
Formed in 1924, Cowan Systems enjoys a history of excellence and quality in the transportation business. Due to continued growth, Cowan Systems, LLC is seeking an Enterprise Application Support Analyst at our corporate office located in Halethorpe, Maryland.
The Enterprise Application Support Analyst is responsible for the implementation and support of a variety of specialized applications in a high-availability, geographically diverse environment as part of a team of analysts. The candidate will have at least 3 years of experience supporting mission-critical SQL based client-server ERP/operational software packages for local and remote users. This is not a development role but it is a highly technical position which requires a thorough understanding of how software functions end-to-end. The Enterprise Application Support Analyst position reports to the Enterprise Application Support Supervisor.
- Implementation, upgrade and configuration of enterprise-wide and departmental software systems in conjunction with IT and business operations resources.
- Accurate completion of projects based on agreed timelines and specifications.
- Collaborate with team members on application deployment & configuration and other application integration issues within IT and other departments.
- Act as an escalation point and resource to the Help Desk for application related issues.
- Investigate, identify, document and resolve application systems errors and security issues and work with vendors and other technical resources to resolve.
- Maintain and troubleshoot SQL code and stored procedures as it relates to application functionality.
- Evaluate effectiveness of new system changes; testing and implementation of new systems and existing system modifications.
- Document break/fix and project related activities in the help desk and project management system.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Related duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- A demonstrated knowledge of SQL syntax.
- At least 3 years related work experience in systems analysis or software support.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems (Windows 10, Server 2012/2016)
- Experience in using the Microsoft Office suite of applications, particularly Excel.
- Strong skills in oral and written communications, organizational and time/task management skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- U.S. Citizen
Skills that are a plus:
- Experience with document imaging & workflow
- Programming or scripting languages, and/or Excel Macros in VBA.
- Familiarity with multi-user remote access platforms, especially Citrix.
- Experience in transportation logistics and/or TMW Suite software
Process Improvements (Business)