To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
- Bretton Jolley
- Phone: 8013166853
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
TEKsystems, Inc • Atlanta, GA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America. TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values- relationships, commitment, serving others and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market.
The Technical Service Manager (TSM) position is a role in which the individual is responsible for managing one or more technical projects/project teams at a time. The primary purpose of the Technical Service Manager role is to provide TEKsystems' clients with a reliable, quality service, focused on the client's needs and grounded in industry best practices. The Technical Service Manager will manage client expectations on the delivery of the engagement, serve as the interface between the client and TEKsystems' staff and drive future business through quality results.
Account Management / Project Management Responsibilities
* Manage risk, project scope, and deliver according to the terms and conditions of our contracts.
* Manage expectations and gain a clear understanding of customers' business requirements and technical requirements.
* Ensuring effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team and the peers throughout the Global Services organization.
* Maintain project status and support budget management activities.
* Follow and drive the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
* Define and implement a Communication Plan that meets project and customer expectations.
* Ensure project methodology is followed by the entire team from project kickoff to project closeout.
* Ensures financial and contractual engagement profitability.
* Proactively develop and maintain relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders.
* Support the development and execution of an Account Strategy in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
* Maintain an awareness of customer satisfaction through communication with customer and assist Global Services in delivering formal customer satisfaction survey.
* Maintain awareness for additional business opportunities and support pursuit of future business through quality results and escalation to internal stakeholders when additional business opportunities may present themselves.
* Work with Delivery Management to improve and implement changes to project delivery processes, methodology, and back office procedures.
* Effectively manage resources to ensure that operational costs are in line with revenue and profitability while maintaining coverage for upcoming projects.
Project Reporting and Process Improvement Responsibilities
* Collect metrics, create reports on KPIs and ensure project status is updated on a weekly basis, following internal standards.
* Develop and maintain project related documentation including processes, tools and procedures in accordance with the Global Services PMLC.
* Ensure escalation procedures are documented and communicated to client, consultants, and managers.
* Ensure knowledge transfer from solution team to delivery team.
* Identify and coordinate the change control process, identifying areas of efficiencies and consistencies among engagements
* Track, manage and report on deliverable attainment and/or SLA (Service Level Agreement) performance.
Required Education and/or Experience
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in information technology and professional services.
* 2+ years of agile project management experience.
* 3+ years of application development experience.
* Proficient in either Jira or TFS, or similar technology.
* Excellent experience with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
* Breadth of knowledge in different technologies like Microsoft, Mobility, Java and Open Source world.
* Certified as a Scrum Master or certified Product Owner is a plus.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills
* Understand business processes, be a detailed-oriented person and quickly grasp new concepts.
* Strong presentation skills.
* In depth understanding of Services Outsourcing, PMI PMBOK. PMP certification a plus.
* Demonstrated consultant attitude and leadership skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Analysis and problem solving, strong analytical skills.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Flexible and able to handle multiple initiatives concurrently.
* Great experience in customer relationship management.
* Able to work in a diversified environment.
* Fast Learner.
* Proactive attitude.
* Personnel management skills.
* Strong business acumen with the ability to develop a business case, to gather business requirements, and translate them into a customer solution when required.
* Very good inter-personal skills to effectively interface with customers, team members, and other colleagues.
* Demonstrated advanced project data/ risk analysis and correlation/ mitigation skills.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.