Be the friendly face of your hometown Dierbergs.
Are you seeking a fast-paced part-time job with plenty of variety and customer interaction? Do you like to be helpful and prefer to always be on the go? Is making a great first (and lasting) impression important to you? If so, we think you could fit as a Courtesy Clerk. We'll expect you to go above and beyond as you handle a variety of responsibilities that include:
• Maintain quality of customer's items loading purchases into carts and ensure use of proper bagging techniques
• Offering to carry out and load purchases into customers' vehicles
• Retrieving carts from the parking lot using a cart strap and safety vest
• Picking up and disposing of debris from the carts, floor and parking lot
• Putting misplaced or returned items in their proper locations
• Helping to keep check lanes organized and stocked with essentials
• Sweeping and mopping floors when maintenance is not availableWhy Dierbergs is different
• You get to be the face of Dierbergs - often the first or last person customers see. That gives you a special place in the company.
• Our culture sets us apart. We're known for being friendly and customer-focused, as well as for treating each other like family.
• This part-time role is great for individuals who are in school, have family responsibilities or need to work around a tight schedule.
• You'll get a solid start with the potential to eventually explore roles in different areas of the store.What you need to succeed
• At least 16 years of age
• Physical stamina to lift up to 30 pounds, load groceries and retrieve carts
• Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions
• Flexibility to work a part-time schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Prompt and regular attendance based on your schedule
• Adherence to our dress code, appearance and personal hygiene standardsWhat's in it for you?
• Weekly paychecks - yes, we are going to pay you every single week!
• Medical, dental and vision...401(k) and pension plans...vacation, personal and sick days - even for part-time Associates
• Automatic, scheduled pay increases to reward your awesome performance
• Work/life balance and flexible scheduling so you can have a life, too
• Training and growth potential to help you reach your career goals with us
• Discounts at the Starbucks kiosks inside some of our locations
• Wellness initiatives, Associate appreciation and volunteer opportunities to keep you engaged and involved
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate in the position may be required to perform.
Discover your Hometown Career at the Hometown Store!
Celebrating over 160 years, Dierbergs is a family-owned retail supermarket chain with nearly 4,000 associates, 24 St. Louis metro-area stores and a location at Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks. Named the #1 grocery store in Missouri (by MSN.com) and the 11 th best grocery store in the nation (by Consumer Reports ), we are known for our superior customer service and wide range of fresh, healthy products. We also give back to our communities through a variety of annual initiatives.