Kelly Services has an excellent opportunity for an Electrical Maintenance Technician in Baytown, TX. As the Electrical Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for Electrical Maintenance for a logistics company onsite at a petrochemical facility. Valid Driver's License is Required!
In this position, you will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and performing preventative maintenance on highly technical equipment in a fast paced manufacturing/packaging environment. Electrical Maintenance Technician must be able to follow instructions given by supervisor and lay out and wire control panels with components such as motor starters, PLCs, control relays, terminals, etc. Label all wiring to print. Test each console to ensure proper wiring. Calibrate sensors. Place consoles onto main systems and wire to all external devices per code. Must be able to follow directions and work with minimal supervision, conform to company standards of assembly methodology, and balance their workload with multiple priorities.
- A minimum of a high school diploma. An Associate degree in I&E or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as an industrial electrician with primary duties as an electrical controls technician in a manufacturing/packaging environment
- Experience working with electrical distribution and control systems up to 480 VAC, 3PH; able to efficiently troubleshoot, repair, and modify PLC based control systems; experience troubleshooting and applying pneumatic valves, actuators (pneumatic and electric), sensors (thermocouples, pressure transducers, etc.), electric motors, and other typical automation components.
- Experience finding fault of DCS, PLC, and network IO systems. SIEMENS.
- SAP Experience is a Plus.
- Experience building machine control centers utilizing ladder diagrams and device documentation.
- Prior experience in packaging as maintenance electrician/mechanic is preferred.
- Required experience with AC/DD ELECTRICAL, BLUEPRINT READING, PLC PROGRAMING SIEMENS, CONVERYOR LAYOUT, GEARBOXES, HYDRAULIC/PNEUMATIC.
- Required to be able to troubleshoot and resolve automated controls issues on PLC/computer-controlled production equipment. Be able to resolve electrical and electrical control issues in circuits containing transformers, disconnects, over current protection devices, and general control components (relays, timers, etc.) Be able to execute electrical and controls upgrades and repairs on equipment.
- Required to be very detail oriented to ensure proper wiring and code compliance, while also being able to get work done on time to conform to production schedules. Able to read and interpret ladder diagrams.
-Position requires the ability to work in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
-Position requires the ability to work to use physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools.
-Position requires the ability to work to climb and work at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
-Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
-Required to wear special safety equipment while working. The ability to take call-outs and work overtime is required.
Production Equipment Controls
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)