Our client is the global leader in insulation technology and they are seeking a sales manager that has a HUNTER mentality and has experience and a successful track record of sales in the hydrocarbon processing, power generation and energy industries. The Sales Manager will have the responsibility for all aspects of the company's Industrial Sales function in the eastern Gulf Coast Region (territory is south Houston, west of the ship channel and down to Freeport and west to Sweeny. The position will work closely with Sales Management, Marketing and Commercial Operations to successfully and profitably grow the company's sales in the assigned territory. The Manager, Industrial Sales will plan and implement sales programs, both short and long term, targeted toward existing and new customer segments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement sales plans for assigned territories in Hydrocarbon Processing, Power Generation and District Energy, to achieve corporate top-line revenue growth and gross margin objectives.
- Drive company growth with robust long-term sales winning activities.
- Create and implement a network of contacts to effectively meet sales goals.
- Develop and maintain account plans for all key customer accounts; working in a collaborative manner with technical services, marketing, commercial operations, and finance to insure customer level goals and objectives are exceeded.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers, industry associations and key strategic partners.
- Maintains all customer level information, including contacts, opportunities, and forecasting in the company CRM tool (Sales Force) per the company’s operating rhythm.
- Represents the Company at trade association functions as appropriate.
- Meet with key clients and other sales staff while maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Monitor competitor products and sales activity.
- Represent the Company with the highest level of professionalism to customers, suppliers, and investors.
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performance against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Travel up to 60% of time. Responsible for managing within travel and entertainment operating budget.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering is required with a minimum of five years related experience in sales. Prefer degree in Engineering or Business with technical sales background.
- Minimum of five to eight years related experience total sales and/or marketing experience.
- Oil and gas industrial experience highly preferred.
- Experience selling products and/or services to refineries, petrochemical, or similar.
- Location: Gulf Coast Region
- Must have sales experience as an individual contributor not a manager of sales people
The successful candidate will have, as a minimum:
- Proven track record of demonstrated incremental sales growth and market penetration.
- Strong knowledge of the insulation market in assigned area preferred.
- Demonstrated, in-depth sales and marketing techniques and financial principles.
- Strong sales presentations and negotiating skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally or in written form with co-workers, management, internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, highly diligent and committed to the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated bias for action (high-energy) and proven success as a team player.
- Proven ability to create and communicate a vision which enables others to see it and “buy-in” to the plan.
- Has provided sales to applications and product development groups to ensure specific products are targeted to appropriate markets.
- Demonstrates high integrity, strong work ethic, and desire to succeed.
- Experience with Sales Force preferred.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Manage Sale Team
Implement Sale Strategy
Address Prospective Client
Create Sale Plan
Sales Process Training