- Perform supervision and maintenance on Facility Equipment like Boilers, Chiller, Compressors and Pump etc.
- Supervision and operation of the facilities with the assistance of our automated building system:
- EBI: Manages the alarms related to current and critical operations in compliance with good engineering practices and good manufacturing practices according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- In case of problems, s/he is expected to communicate using our various media (in person, by telephone, by email) to all levels of the organization. S/he is expected to make an accurate diagnosis and can judge the necessity and the relevance of informing the various users in accordance with our operating modalities.
- Performs tasks in operations and maintenance, and, at the same time seeks to optimize our ways of doing things, and to contribute to reduction of operating costs in accordance with our program of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Works in close collaboration with users and other tradespeople to ensure effective coordination of his/her work and to minimize impact on operations.
- Must be familiar with the various installation systems to be able to intervene rapidly and to measure the impacts of his/her interventions on the operations of each area of the plant. System Supervision, Alarm acknowledgement, Set Point adjustment as requested
- Complete incident reports and forward documentation to Supervisor and JLL Safety Manager
- Must be vigilant and rigorous in managing alarms, which is essential in maintaining an appropriate environment, and the safety of our operations.
- Must be able to identify and prioritize major and critical alarms, and must respond to them by taking the necessary measures, as well as to document these measures.
- Must have appropriate knowledge of the facilities to anticipate possible problems. During rounds, must have sharp senses (hearing, smell, sight) and be on the lookout for any unusual situation, thereby adding a preventive dimension to our maintenance.
- Perform chemical operations involving the equipment and public utilities:
- Analyses of water samples taken from our equipment and from the utilities.
- Must safely and carefully handle the requisite chemical products in appropriate amounts for the treatment of our systems. S/he must adjust the flow of the metering pumps to obtain the required dilutions and to avoid damage to our utilities and equipment due to an over dosage.
- Supervises combustion quality of our boilers to minimize the impact of atmospheric emissions as well as to optimize energy consumption.
- Check the various buffer tanks and sees to the proper function of detection tubes and metering pumps.
- Check and monitor the emergency generators during power outages.
- Restart equipment when there is a voltage drop in the Hydro-Quebec network or after power outages to restore normal functioning.
- In an emergency, s/he must stay on the job, remain alert, and carefully follow the situation to respond to directions from command posts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must hold a Journeyman rating along with 5 years of experience in a heavy industrial setting and hold a Missouri Operating Engineer Certificate. Requires all operators to hold a Universal CFC Certificate.
- Secondary School Diploma (completion of an applicable technical training program)
- Holds a valid Stationary Engineman license, minimum Class 4B
- Relevant licenses for boiler and chiller operation as well as wastewater treatment
- Computer skills - MS Word, Excel
- Must have a valid Driver's License
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.