Your Home for an Exceptional Career.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
For nearly 40 years, Option Care has been shaping the home infusion services industry. From industry pioneers to trusted partners, Option Care has emerged as the leading home infusion services provider. Our company has grown over 5,000 strong—a workforce that spans the nation and is united by a common passion for making exceptional healthcare synonymous with home.
Job Description Summary:
Perform critical research and investigation of key business problems for the development of predictive and outcomes models that measure results. Develop and improve quantitative data analytics and set performance targets for the business.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Identify, develop and suggest methodology for building all aspects of analytics models including scope of work, model process diagram, methodology, business requirements, modeling deliverables and timeline, and user inputs/outputs.
- Utilize descriptive and predictive statistical techniques to measure impact of various actions/studies, internal and external, develop sampling and hypothesis testing to help the organization determine outcomes, and forecast and predict future behaviors that explain key findings.
- Lead development of all automated dashboards and models, monitoring reports, self-service BI tools across the business to determine consistency and effectiveness.
- Lead the development and maintenance of statistical models that enhance clinical strategy, pricing and contracting monitoring, operational efficiency and business development.
- Review data for pattern identification, special cause variation, trend analysis, or other techniques that will reveal intelligence for identification of any associative or causal relationships and provide recommendations for model development.
- Interpret and analyze clinical, financial and operational data from various sources and recommend best approaches for measuring outcomes
- Interact with business leaders of various functional areas to understand key indicator performance measures that will be necessary to measure results of programs.
- Analyze, interpret and develop book of business KPI benchmarks as defined by leadership of each business area.
- Develop and create clinical program case studies at a book of business level.
- Study client data to identify emerging trends and recommend solutions for programs based on analytical findings.
- Study trend assumptions that will be incorporated into forecasting and outcomes modeling by applying a statistical approach.
- Work with the PMO team on all aspects of model development to outline a specific process that will result in a repeatable and automated model.
Basic Education and/or Requirements
- Master’s Degree in public health, mathematics, statistics, experimental psychology, epidemiology, health economics required
- 5 years of minimum advanced experience in data analysis, quantitative data analysis, research, and/or programming or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of highly advanced Microsoft SQL, R, Python, SAS EG/Proc SQL, SPSS, PowerBI, Tableau (all statistical data mining tools), Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint experience
- Advanced experience with statistical analyses, predictive analytics, and modeling techniques such as multivariate regression, logistic regression, forecasting and time series models
- Proven application of data mining tools and concepts including structured and unstructured data
- Proven understanding of relational databases and experience with large data sets
- Proficiency in graphic development and presentation
- Ability to critically think, listen and excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently on various high level projects and within a tea environment
- Extensive knowledge of pharmacy and managed care claims and data coding (NCPDP, GPI, NDC, HCPCS, ICD9/10, DRG and revenue codes)
- Ability to lead analytical model development and automation efforts.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
- PhD in statistical, mathematical or health economic studies
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
General Linear Models
Statistical Hypothesis Testing