To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chico, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
United States Army • Chico, CA
Posted 1 month ago
The culinary specialist is primarily responsible for the preparation and service of food in field or garrison food service operations.JOB DUTIES
- Bake, fry, braise, boil, simmer, steam and sauté as prescribed by Army recipes
- Operate, maintain and clean field kitchen equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance on garrison and field kitchen equipment
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.TRAINING
Job training for a culinary specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including practice in food preparation.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Standard and dietetic menus and recipes
- Preparation and cooking of various foodstuffs and bakery products
- Food and supply ordering
- Storage of meats, poultry and other perishable items
- Interest in cooking, home economics, health, mathematics, accounting and chemistry