SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.Job Description
Responsible for setting the strategic direction of the Upstream NAM Services line. Accountable for all aspects of financial P&L, operations and general performance of the business line. Leads, mentors and develops a quality driven, business-oriented team. Continually seeks innovative methods to raise productivity, enhance efficiency and increase profitability.
- Comprehensive measurement and allocation solutions based for oil and gas producers. We provide our clients with measurement assessments, specialty services and technical studies, hydrocarbon allocation, and project management services.
- This team works in combination with analytical and field services, provide clients a full support package to support oil and gas production.
- OGC USA provides the Crude assay services for upstream, Midstream and Downstream Industry.
- OGC USA provides a comprehensive range of oilfield laboratory services to meet your lab design, lab commissioning and operations requirements. We offer your business a full range of technical consultancy to ensure that labs for production operations are correctly specified and meet project operational requirements. Our experience includes laboratory projects for oil or gas producing FPSOs, fixed platforms, onshore gas processing plants, LNG production, oil processing and refining.
Position location can be either in Houston or Louisiana Qualifications
- Prepares budgets, bids, and contracts.
- Initiates and promotes cost-effective measures to improve operations and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensures all operations are properly staffed and adequate succession planning is in place.
- Interfaces with a variety of different business lines to ensure Upstream NAM Services is supported properly from a sales, marketing, engineering, and service standpoint.
- Analyzes market trends and client requirements with a focus on development of new services and sustainable revenue growth.
- Provides guidance and resolution of technical and procedural problems.
- Evaluates market activity to anticipate new trends and capture business opportunities.
- Ensures all client interaction is carried out with maximum efficiency possible and looks for ways to improve existing services.
- Communicates clearly and factually on all matters relating to the service line and where potential development exists.
- Evaluates and proposes new technologies for the group within the business framework.
- Responsible for annual budget planning process.
- Maintains current knowledge by attending seminars, lectures, meetings and professional conferences.
- Operates to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Code of Integrity.
- Bachelor degree in Business or related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Upstream Services.
- Able to work extended hours when needed to meet business commitments.
- Must be able to travel to domestic and international locations.
- Able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card, if necessary.
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities and technical proficiency.
- Must have a strong awareness of sustainability through technical governance.
- Able to communicate and cooperate effectively with management teams from a variety of cultures.
- Driven, self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Able to work independently and to coordinate several activities simultaneously.
- Works well under pressure.
- Acts quickly and decisively.
- High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound suggestions and recommendations.
- Experience with managing multiple team members and interact with all levels of management internally and externally.
- Applies judgment and acts according to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.