Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
This Facilities Manager position will be responsible for the day- to-day provisioning of facility management services to include corrective maintenance, preventative maintenance, planning and end-to-end responsibility for expense budgets relating to their specific area of responsibility. The Manager of Real Estate Facilities Operations may lead a team of exempt and non-exempt employees and partners with other internal teams as may be required. This position may report to the geographic area’s Director of Real Estate Operations or the Sr. Manager of Real Estate Facilities Management.
The Main Responsibilities
- Develops Facilities Management operational expense budgets in accordance with established guidelines.
- Ensures the safety and operational reliability of area of responsibility within parameters of the approved expense budget.
- Facilitates corrective repairs, preventative maintenance and other services as may be required within the area of responsibility as per established standards.
- Supervises internal staff and/or third party service providers in the delivery of corrective and preventative maintenance services.
- Utilizes established systems, tools and programs to ensure service continuity and achieve key objectives in areas such as cost management, service delivery and client relationships/communication.
- Administers Safety and Disaster Recovery Programs as required for area of responsibility.
- Travels as required for area of responsibility; maintains availability via cell phone and serves as 24x7 on-call point of contact on a rotating/periodic basis.
- Identifies capital and expense projects required to maintain and/or improve company assets.
- Partners with project management SME as necessary to develop and manage annual multimillion dollar capital improvement budget.
- Strategically develops and maintains capital and expense replacement programs for area of responsibility.
- Directly manages capital and expense projects within area of responsibility (up to $100K).
- Balances contractor and budget resources in territory to deliver projects on schedule, within budget and meeting the Lumen standard quality of work.
- Interfaces with various internal business units to ensure facilities in program are delivered in accordance with customer requirements.
- Assists with other Real Estate matters such as leasing and landlord relations, tenant and building communications, environmental health and safety issues and facility audits, as required.
Scope of Responsibility:
The Manager position is responsible for:
- 1.25M - 2M SF of owned and leased real estate
- 100 – 1,000 facility locations
- Up to 10 direct reports
- Managing various facility types including administrative, retail, service centers, call centers, central offices and garages
- $2M-$8M in annual expense and capital spend depending on specific portfolio size
- $1M - $3M in operating expense
- $500K - $5M in capital spend, 10+ projects
What We Look For in a Candidate
- College degree in Business, Engineering, Construction or related fields preferred; alternately, equivalent facility or project management experience, preferably within a large organization.
- In lieu of a degree, an equivalent of 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience managing people.
- Prior experience managing property remotely.
- Industry certification preferred; Real Estate License, BOMA, IFMA, PMP or other Business Management or technical certification.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 292752
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.