To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bakersfield, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chief Financial Officer
ExecuNet • Bakersfield, CA
Posted 2 months ago
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a vital role in the growth and ongoing success of our organization. This role is a key member of the Senior Leadership Team of Company and is responsible for directing the organization’s financial planning and accounting practices as well as its relationship with the lending institutions, pay sources and the financial community. This position requires a high level of competence in the area of financial administration and accounting controls, and involves considerable self-initiative and judgment. The CFO provides direction in the financial strategies and ensures leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting aspects of the corporation.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Assures implementation of internal controls and generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Oversees the approval and processing of revenue, expenditures, accounts receivable, ledger, accounting maintenance and all fiscal internal controls.
- Prepares periodic financial statements and reports for the Board of Directors, management staff, funding agencies and those required by law.
- Approves and coordinates changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the corporation.
- Oversees and directs budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing and long-range forecasting.
- Evaluates the organization’s financial position and issues periodic reports on the organization’s financial stability, liquidity and growth.
- Serves as staff resource to the Finance Committee and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Assists in the monitoring of agency contracts.
- Assists in the development and implementation of project budgets, makes budget estimates and revisions, revenue forecasts, etc.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of an adequate patient and third-party billing program to meet project and grantor requirements, and the development of financial strategies.
- Responsible for Medi-Cal PPS reconciliations with DHS and Medicare Cost Reports for the corporation.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of financial policies.
- Represents the Corporation at meetings, or as requested by the CEO.
- Supervises the Finance and Billing departments.
- On a scheduled temporary basis may be required to work at any satellite clinic.
- Ability to work a varied schedule that may include Saturday.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Master's level training in Business Administration, Public Administration or Public Health preferred. OR Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Experience in financial management, purchasing, payroll, inventory and EDP; and in the supervision of professional, technical and clerical personnel in accounting.
- Five (5) years of experience with nonprofit corporation, preferable. Health care management experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge in and experience with Microsoft Office Programs, advanced Excel proficiency.