$55000.00 to $65000.00 yearly
Build your career in accounting with Robert Half Salaried Professional Services, now offering a full-time position for an experienced Staff Accountant that has a knack for problem-solving and enjoys new challenges. The Staff Accountant will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. Throughout the monthly close, you will also be responsible for various aspects of internal reporting. You will assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will review schedules for the reporting processes, take part in compliance, and interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits. This position is very complex as it plays a part in the production of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work.
- Upon request, take part in special projects and impromptu reporting
- Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
- Regularly maintain and reconcile journal entries
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Thorough experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management to report on
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Organize schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- Maintain intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
- Maintain fixed asset ledgers, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Produce journal entries and perform the month end close under minimal supervision
- Prepare monthly financial close workbooks to support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- experienced organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience highly desired
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- General ledger experience preferred
- Deep understanding of month end closings
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of journal entries
- Skilled in analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Proficient in ERP systems
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at [ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.